Silken tofu mousse/pudding question

glassyo
glassyo Posts: 7,570 Member
So I went cray cray and bought some silken tofu. The only thing I'm almost confident about making with it is the vegan chocolate mousse. Three ingredients and you basically just blend them together. How badly could I screw that up??

Don't answer that. 😀

So tofu, cocoa powder, and maple syrup.

I don't have the cocoa powder but I do have chocolate peanut butter protein powder. Can I substitute one for the other?

And I have sugar free maple syrup.

Is this doable? I don't want to have to buy cocoa powder for something that's probably only going to happen one time.

Replies

• mikhnpaitsmum
    mikhnpaitsmum Posts: 119 Member
    I would. Depending on how sweer the protein powder is you may not need as much maple syrup as called for. Sounds good!
  • chris89topher
    chris89topher Posts: 389 Member
    You really can't mess it up, lol. I eat silken tofu every single day after dinner as a dessert, or AS my dinner depending on how many things I throw into it. My usual add ons are chocolate syrup, cinnamon and munk fruit sweetener. But I also love frozen blueberries, strawberries and other fruit. Plain oatmeal is good in it too. Just throw a bunch of things you like into it and there will be nothing but smiles. You can't go wrong. 😁
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,341 Member
    Dumb question, but why silken tofu? Looking at the nutrition, it just doesn’t seem to offer anything.

Am I overlooking something?

I’m always looking for something new to insert in the diary.
  • chris89topher
    chris89topher Posts: 389 Member
    Dumb question, but why silken tofu? Looking at the nutrition, it just doesn’t seem to offer anything.

Am I overlooking something?

I’m always looking for something new to insert in the diary.

It's very healthy, has a ton of protein, low calorie depending on the type, and takes on the flavor of whatever you make it with. Super versatile.
  • glassyo
    OK! I'll eventually take a shot a serving and see what happens. :)

Oh man, and I just remembered when I used to cut up strawberries and have those in greek yogurt and drowned it in sugar free chocolate syrup. So good. :)
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,341 Member
    No offense but I’ll continue with the Greek yogurt or plain skyr. Many times the protein for similar grams/calories.

However, interesting detour to see if something else would work.

@glassyo we are addicted to skyr with whipped cream (15cal per serving), the sugar free chocolate syrup, and a pinch of milk chocolate hagel. Hubs says tastes like ice cream and wants me to freeze it.

Going to try my hand at homemade skyr.
  • glassyo
    Greek yogurt definitely packs more of a protein punch (altho the tofu checks the at least 1 g protein per 10 calories box I made up when I got into protein bars) but boyyyyyy do I have to doctor it up.

I'm not vegan or vegetarian (and I just looked up the difference between the two) but most of my protein comes from dairy (which I was supposed to have reduced) and, like I said, I went cray cray probably because I just had very minor dental surgery and it reminded me of all those other times I shouldn't be chewing and someone had posted this recipe a long time ago so it was on my mind? 😀

I will pick carbs over protein every time so I need all the help I can get! 😀