Fitbit syncing issue?

vxrblue2
vxrblue2 Posts: 3 Member
Today MyFitnesspal has decided to take every calorie burnt from fitbit as exercise, rather than just the extra from exercise. I.e. today I have 1847 calories of exercise showing in myfitnesspal, the total calories burnt for the day so far, not just exercise. Is there a known issue, or recent upgrade that has messed things up?

Best Answers

• TRIX5884
    TRIX5884 Posts: 318 Member
    Answer ✓
    Here is the update from MFP:
    https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/articles/4415871310093

Maintenance work starting Monday, 12/13/21
    34 minutes ago Updated
    Monday, December 13, 2021, 1:54pm PST

Hello,

We are having a case of the Mondays! Earlier today, we began work to upgrade to our steps service. While we've made a lot of progress, the work is taking longer than expected and we've run into some snags. We are aware that members are receiving inaccurate calorie adjustments in relation to this work, and we will have a fix in place for this issue by the end of the day tomorrow. Please accept our deep apologies for this frustration.

We will continue to update this article as information becomes available. Please check back for further updates.

For additional background information on the updates to our steps service, please see this article - Messaging Regarding the Status of our Fitbit Integration

Best,

MyFitnessPal Staff

Update found here:

https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/articles/4415871310093
  • Betty
    Betty Posts: 8,814 MFP Staff
    Answer ✓
    Hi y'all! Just chiming in to confirm that the team is still working on resolving the steps issues that showed up after the maintenance on Monday. This is a top priority for the team. Updates can be found here.

Answers

• lprady1
    lprady1 Posts: 1 Member
    Same
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Same.
  • lipsofamoose
    lipsofamoose Posts: 2 Member
    Same on Garmin, It reckons I have 6000 calories to eat haha. Someone has busted it.
  • C_D_Lovick
    C_D_Lovick Posts: 1 Member
    I have the same problem on Garmin so must be a bug at MyFitnessPal's end.
  • suebyrne88
    suebyrne88 Posts: 2 Member
    Same issue from Fitbit.
  • sprale
    sprale Posts: 117 Member
    I am also having this issue. I have a Fitbit.
  • lmgoff232
    lmgoff232 Posts: 277 Member
    Same here
  • lipsofamoose
    lipsofamoose Posts: 2 Member
    Lol I've raised a ticket, and the response is asking for additional information but you can't reply because their email server is configured incorrectly and it's rejecting replies.
  • vxrblue2
    I'm running on Samsung S9 android with a fitbit charge 4. There's been no app updates on my phone for either app so suspect the background sync on either fitbit or myfitnesspal servers has broken.i don't suppose myfitnesspal monitor this thread so I'll need to post tech problems with them directly
  • fcw123
    fcw123 Posts: 3 Member
    I have the same issue tonight
  • msbridgetteanne
    msbridgetteanne Posts: 37 Member
    Glad it's not just me. I was inputting my food for the day and saw I'd somehow burned over 1000 calories! Just sitting at my desk! Hope it gets fixed soon.
  • paubarc
    paubarc Posts: 6 Member
    Me too, but not sure who to contact.
  • dejonny
    dejonny Posts: 17 Member
    Yeah my garmin has my tdee at 6000 plus calories lol
  • Andrea222
    Andrea222 Posts: 27 Member
    I sent them a message about it. Since the issue is on my Iphone and the web, plus Garmin and Android, it sounds like a My Fitness Pal issue. I hope they address the problem!
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Same here. I have disconnected my fitbit for the moment
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,105 Member
    Same here with my Garmin yesterday : 2000 calories burned in less than 10k steps 😁
    But today no calorie adjustment at all - I hope that means they're working on it.
  • MJW12020
    MJW12020 Posts: 39 Member
    I have a different but related problem with MFP not syncing with my Fitbit at all for most of the day. It is now saying my Fitbit is not connected. I connect it, allow the permissions in Fitbit, get the message that all is good, but it is still not connected.
  • vxrblue2
    Glad to know they're working on it. Thanks for the update
  • MercuryForce
    MercuryForce Posts: 104 Member
    I'm glad others are having this problem. I just got a new FitBit because my old one was having heart rate issues (sitting at my desk it would have me at 150 bpm, manual check would ensure that was not the case) and recording me burning thousands of extra calories a day and I was worried my new one was somehow doing the same thing.
This discussion has been closed.