Fitbit Added a ton of Exercise Calories

Options
I've been using MFP for about seven years. I've had this particular fitbit for five. Yesterday, I did no exercise. My final step count was around 4,000. This wouldn't normally add any exercise calories to MyFitnessPal. Well, yesterday it told me that I burned 1200 exercise calories. That's a ton! This is going to screw up my weekly calorie average. Is there any way to delete the calories burned, but only from yesterday? Has anyone else had this happen, and do you know if MFP or fitbit is at fault? The device is old, I just don't want to buy a new one unnecessarily. Thank you!

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,170 Member
    Options
    There have been several threads recently about that issue: it would seem to be an issue with MFP, something gone wrong with a recent update or something.
    I had the same issue with my Garmin calorie adjustment yesterday.

Not sure if the previous days will be corrected, we'll have to see. I'll just be glad if the issue is solved (at the moment my Garmin is not syncing at all).
  • HollyPFlax
    HollyPFlax Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    It sounds like a known issue, then. And it looks like fitbit is trying to fix it. One day won't ruin everything, I just couldn't have this happen regularly. Thank you for pointing out the other thread!
  • SuzanneC1l9zz
    SuzanneC1l9zz Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    On my app there's a link to an update at the top of the forums that basically says oops... an update screwed up synching yesterday and they're working on it. It's affecting Garmin too - I definitely didn't burn over 800 calories with 5,000something steps yesterday!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    I'd sure be curious as to what the issue appears to be.

Anyone care to share a screen shot of that day for their Exercise Diary in general, and then the detailed page for the Fitbit/Garmin adjustment showing the figures used?

If it was a problem of MFP failing to replace the prior synced Total Daily burned figure with a new one, and instead adding it on - the extra calories I'd think would be much bigger than that.

If it was a problem of replacing the TDEE figure, but not the time stamp of the first sync in the day - that might explain it.