New guy

Options
Hello everyone, I'm just checking in to the MFP website and saw it had a forum. I have been using the site since Sept. 5 and love how easy it is to track calories. I never knew how many calories I was actually taking in during the course of a day and it was staggering ! I was easily taking in 4-6000 a day and didn't realize it. I am now watching my calories and limiting my carbs and in these 2 weeks I have lost 12 pounds. I understand some of that is water but it is still too much too fast, right? I work out 30 minutes every other day and watch my intake and that is all. Any advice would be appreciated!

Replies

• thibautseeker
    thibautseeker Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Everyone usually drops a good amount in the first few weeks especially if you have drastically changed your eating habits. I'd try to eat back most of your exercise calories and just see how it goes.
  • KENNY1957
    KENNY1957 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I LOST A POUND A DAY THE FIRST TWO WEEKS WITH A 50 CARB A DAY LIMIT AND 30 MINS OF CARDIO A DAY SO YOU SEEM TO BE ON THE RIGHT TRACK...STAY DISCIPLINED THO ITS EASY TO JUMP ON ONE OF THOSE BIG MACS AND NOT THINK ABOUT IT....ADD ME IF YOU LIKE AND GOOD LUCK! YOUR WITH SOME GREAT PEOPLE HERE.
  • Lachsis
    Lachsis Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Usually you will lose a good amount at the beginning and it slows down when you're a while into it. Nothing to worry about yet. Just keep doing what you're doing. =^_^=
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I don't think its too much weight loss for starters. I think the biggest losses probably are at the very front end, like you said some of it being water. It is great that you figured out what you were eating and could make adjustments that work for you. I suggest as you watch the forum posts, reach out to make friends with folks you identify with. I've been on MFP for about a month and a half, and have really gotten a lot out of it. I'm more motivated with the tools because it makes it so easy to input my food and exercise. Being able to chime in on the forums has been really fun and helpful as well. Goodluck and friend me if you'd like!
  • newbomb
    Options
    Thanks everyone!