Fitbit sync issues

Options
Yo,

Anyone else having Fitbit syncimg issues as of late? Mine keeps getting diaconnect d from MFP and whenever I go re-connect it, it lets me go through everything but doesn't actually connect again

Replies

• conniepanozzo7594
    Options
    Can we add our step count?
  • LeilaIn90041
    LeilaIn90041 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm still having trouble -- it doesn't sync steps with Fitbit. Their article says the problem is fixed and it definitely is not. Day two of this.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    The issue was the math with the daily burn that Fitbit sent.

Step count is it's own thing and not used in any math - merely a figure to display that Fitbit sends.

Unless you don't really have accounts linked, and merely using the Fitbit as a device to get a step count from.

No you can't add step count. At least it's still on Fitbit's site with perhaps more interesting graphs than MFP provides anyway.
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Relink your Fitbit account to MFP. Its working today, at least for me.
  • paints5555
    paints5555 Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Mine is definitely not syncing correctly. My Fitbit said I burned 2867 total cal on Monday and 2775 on Tues. MFP added 1683 calories burned for Monday but only 276 for Tues - a difference of 1400 calories for very similar days. Something is not right.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    paints5555 wrote: »
    Mine is definitely not syncing correctly. My Fitbit said I burned 2867 total cal on Monday and 2775 on Tues. MFP added 1683 calories burned for Monday but only 276 for Tues - a difference of 1400 calories for very similar days. Something is not right.

Then yours as others was fixed on Tue for the math.

Something indeed was not right on Mon per MFP's notice.

Thanks for the numbers to use.

MFP thinks you burn 2499 for your selected activity level.

Tue Fitbit reported you burned 2775 - you got credit for 276 more.

Mon Fitbit reported you burned 2867 - should have gotten credit for 368 more.

You got 1315 extra due to whatever the error was.

It used to be possible to create a workout of negative calories of that amount to make your records correct.
    Just make sure you delete the record on Fitbit that will be synced from MFP.
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Chalmation wrote: »
    Relink your Fitbit account to MFP. Its working today, at least for me.
    Well, I thought it was working. My accounts got unconnected again. Just reconnected them again.