Trying to get sexy back

Options
Hey Everyone,

I am a newly wed who lost almost 15 pounds before I got married and after the wedding I seemed to have gained it all back! I don't know about you, but you kind of loose that sexy feeling when you gain unwanted weight! Now I'm trying to get sexy back but having a hard time finding the motivation and discipline to do it....I know that I need to! HELP!! I would like to loose about 20 pounds and then I will feel sexy again....I appreciate any Tips, Encouragement, and Recipies and fun exercise ideas!

Wishing you all great success,
Sweetsinger7

Replies

• We3Rock
    Options
    I have three kids, my youngest is 13 so I guess I can't blame it on baby fat anymore. I would LOVE to get my sexy back, I am a single mom so that would be an awesome goal! I have 35 to lose. :(

Best wishes and good luck to you!
  • cassblue21
    Options
    Welcome!
    I know just how you feel! Although I have had to lose a lot more than 20! :) I have found that I like Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and couch 2 5k program. The eating discipline is SUPER hard, but it is doable! I wish you much success in your journey! I have lost 30 pounds with MyFitnessPal's help and I know you can also! :)
  • We3Rock
    Options
    ugh - my favorite two words to hate ... discipline and accountability.
  • CarrieLincoln
    Options
    Welcome!! Congrats on your recent wedding!! How exciting!! You will find TONS of help here! What are you doing now for exercise or nutrition? I have found 2 x a week strength training and TONS 3x at least a week of cardio is working for me! I love kicking boxing and it has leaned me out!! Lost 10% body fat w/in 2 months already! Love it! You can do it! Set a definite time each day that you KNOW you will workout and just do it!! What I've found to work is to put ON my workout clothes BEFORE I start talking myself out of exercising! haha, hey it works!! Find something you like so it's fun!!

Sending a friend request for accountability! : ))
  • stoofers
    Options
    What I've found to work is to put ON my workout clothes BEFORE I start talking myself out of exercising! haha, hey it works!! Find something you like so it's fun!!

Couldn't agree more! I like to work out in the morning but I know if I don't go by 10 am I likely won't go so I force myself to put on my workout clothes because once I have my shoes on I know I won't turn back! Such a great recommendations!

Also, Welcome!
  • CarrieLincoln
    Options
    Hi there,

My youngest is 9 and I still call it baby fat!! haha. Sounds good to me! hehe. Yeah, it all comes down to DISCIPLINE! Take one hr at a time and say yay, I did great that hr. Then work on the next hr! It's been working for me, may you could give it a try! It comes down to taking one day at a time even 1 hr at a time! This way it doesn't seem like a HUGE big unachievable goal!

What are you doing now for exercise?
  • childofares
    childofares Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I just started the Power 90 complete and I'm really liking it. The weight is already moving after less than a week and I'm sure the inches are too. It's less intense than the p90x (which I can't do because of knee and back issues) but still a workout! Like a poster above I LOVE Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and her yoga meltdown is one I do every day. For motivation I pinned a favorite shirt that I love on my bedroom wall. Every time I see it and know I can't fit into it I get angry and more determined to look like how I did when I could fit in it
  • CarrieLincoln
    Options
    I know just how you feel! Although I have had to lose a lot more than 20! :) I have found that I like Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and couch 2 5k program. The eating discipline is SUPER hard, but it is doable! I wish you much success in your journey! I have lost 30 pounds with MyFitnessPal's help and I know you can also! :)
    [/quote]

Great program!!
  • tbudge
    tbudge Posts: 114
    Options
    congrats! and welcome!! Where you need to lose only 20ish pounds...eat right and try a beachbody workout, like Insanity or Turbo Fire...they are fun and you will see results!
  • savlyon
    savlyon Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    ugh - my favorite two words to hate ... discipline and accountability.

Ya, this is really what it is all about. I have an accountability partner that I text everything I eat to. We aren't best friends, I can't even remember the last time I saw her or hung out with her, so we don't have a friendship to protect. We tell each other when we are doing stupid things and when we are doing great. At first I hated it. She was always saying that I was eating too much junk food. Well, I was.

It took a LONG time to just get used to eating healthy and making healthy choices on a consistent basis. After awhile, your body doesn't want the rejection anymore...so it just doesn't really want those junky foods. I have found healthy ways to cheat...like peanut butter and nutella sandwiches. They taste like a Reece's peanut butter cup (honestly I can't remember the last time I had a Reece's-- which is probably why I am deceived.) Protein bars taste WAY better to me than a Snickers. Any day.

Learning to be healthy and live healthy is the key. If you think of it as weight and lbs...it's just going to be a numbers game. If you think of it as being healthy so you can stay with your hubby for as long as possible and enjoy doing whatever your hearts desire you will be far more successful. Don't fall for the gimmicks of weight loss plans or pills...just learn to eat healthy, in moderation and exercise on a consistent basis.

You will do awesome!!! You've already achieved the first step to success... Joining My Fitness Pal!! :)
  • savlyon
    savlyon Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    The other thing...to get and feel sexy...is lifting weights. How do you think men lose weight so quickly? Do they do a lot of cardio? No...they lift weights.
    My sister in law have lost about the same amount of weight; however, I look so much better than she does. The reason is that I lift weights. I am toned, while her arms are saggy from the excess skin. That sounds mean, but really...weights is a huge huge thing that gets ignored. By increasing muscle, you will actually burn more fat than just doing cardio. The thing that really needs to be remembered is that the number on the scale isn't the enemy...it is really your body fat percentage. It is possible to be "skinny fat."
  • mrivera713
    mrivera713 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Ok Ok I know I'm not good at feeling sexy, but I am willing to stand by your side and encourage you! If you would like to add me as a friend. We are all doing this together... :)

One thing I would like to add is that SEXY never left. If you were once Sexy you will always be sexy. Need to lose 20 lbs to feel sexier? Let's do this! It's hard but it's doable! (A 1000lb person can feel sexy if they choose to. It's up to the individual to decide what is sexy. So all I'm saying is, choose to be sexy and let us all watch you as we encourage you to meet your goal to lose 20 lbs)

Yes?