ANYONE BEEN TO A PALMIST?

Options
Hey i was just thinking of paying a visit to a palmist but am still skeptical. Can you guys share your experiences.

Replies

• sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    ha ha ha. come on over here and pay me! I can tell you a whole bunch of silly things you want to hear. I'll give you a discount.
  • RichardWhitman
    RichardWhitman Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    My girlfriend holds her palm up to me all the time. Tell it to the hand.
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I am a palmist. I can tell you how much money will be leaving your wallet in 2 seconds flat...and all for 19.99 including tax.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    Psychics are psychos. Total scam.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    i actually do read palms. the problem is that there are a lot of crooks. go to someone who has a tip jar, not a fee and you're more likely to get a good read. don't go for the gimmicks either, if they have on a bunch of gypsy scarves and a peasant skirt, just walk away.

the real catch is that palms change, so the first read is almost never dead-on b/c they don't know what part of the journey you're on and you don't want to say too much b/c you don't want to be ripped off. find someone who you have heard has a good rep and be willing to go three times.

and if someone gives you a bad vibe - or you just "don't quite trust something about them" don't let them touch you, thank them for their time and leave.

that's all i can give you. hope it helps.
  • Scoobiesnax
    Scoobiesnax Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hey i was just thinking of paying a visit to a palmist but am still skeptical. Can you guys share your experiences.

Is that the new politically correct term for a body rub parlor employee ?
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Don't believe in any of that.........tea leaves, palms, psychic vibes over the telephone.

Nah........don't waste your money or time.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options

oh ha! excellent.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

Remain skeptical. That's the best advice I can give you.
  • ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Options

ha ha, took the words right outta my mouth!
  • ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    my hubby has visited a palmist named Rosie, and I believe she has 5 sisters.....

hee hee hee. too funny.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    guys, i'm not pissed off and i'm not hating, but i want you all to take a moment to consider the implications if you were making the same jokes about a facet of Christianity.

i am totally capable of making jokes about other faiths - and i will cop to the fact that mine are usually tasteless and crude, that's how i roll.

but sometimes you need to remember that there is a faith at the core. and that faith is very personal.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options

going to a palm reader was the best first date I had ever been on...turns out the palm reader told my date that the girl he's with right now is the girl he's going to marry, turns out he was right :) I say go for it, you'll believe it if it suits you, but remember it's mostly just for fun and entertainment
  • maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in magic.
  • athenawho
    Options
    My best friend in college, her mother was a tarot reader. A lot of them are scams, but I believe that some of them are real. Her mother was real and was able to see things I had never told her or her daughter. When she read my cards for the first time she predict that my grandfather who only had 3 months to live would live an additional (and I quote) "3 more years" which he did, exactly. I never told them he was sick.

You may think I'm really gullible but trust me, I'm a huge skeptic but she proved to me that is something out there I can't explain....but all others are scam artists. Everyone but her. :)
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    About 25 years ago I was short of money bringing up 2 children on my own and took a part time job in the evening as a tarot card reader on the phone...to cut a long story short

There were 8 of us sitting in a room and we had to answer the phones as they rang (premium rate numbers) we had been given a pack of tarot cards and were told to make up stuff as we went along...to try to get as much info from the caller, and try to keep them on the phone as long as we could.

I am not proud of it..I really thought maybe I was helping them a little bit, just by having a conversation with them as they were obviously desparate for some help and advice.

But really...don`t waste your money hun x
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    guys, i'm not pissed off and i'm not hating, but i want you all to take a moment to consider the implications if you were making the same jokes about a facet of Christianity.

i am totally capable of making jokes about other faiths - and i will cop to the fact that mine are usually tasteless and crude, that's how i roll.

but sometimes you need to remember that there is a faith at the core. and that faith is very personal.

I totally agree...I don't go around teasing people because they believe in God...which i think is a pile of crap...I do reiki, which is an ancient form of energy healing, and I get teased all the time...until I give someone reiki, then they're believers. sure there's cooks and pranksters out there, but there's freaks and frauds in every religion. So please, don't be offensive to someone's beliefs because you think you're funny..
  • kimmy98
    Options
    as im into spiritual things i can understand someone being weary,ive had alot of readings some gd some bad,i can do card readings
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options

I'm an Atheist. If allowed, I would crack some religious jokes too.