I have a ? regarding the insanity workout program

Options
Hello!
I am currently working out with theTurbo Fire program, I only have 4 weeks left and my husband bought me the Insanity program for my birthday. I have heard that it is very hard. I was wonder how much weight or inches you have lost during the insanity program?
I have lost a lot of inches with Turbo Fire and approx.13lbs so far. I am also drinking Shakeology to replace one meal a day. My goal is to lose approx. 34 more pounds.
I am looking for results and advice about Insanity before I start using it.

Thanks for your help:)

Replies

• QuentinHardage
    Options
    Insanity is an insane workout, suggest going into this slowly and building up. Lots of plyometics, jumping and sweating. So drink water and be careful on the knees.
  • dcgonz
    dcgonz Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I have done three rounds of Insanity and have lost 22lbs. I went from 35 inch waist to 28. I used Insanity to lose the remaining weight I had from having my son.

It is a hard workout program but you should be fairly fit from Turbo Fire. The thing I recommend is to not give up. When I first started I couldn't even get through the warm up. Notice that the people in the workout don't get through a whole workout without stopping. I just recommend that you do what you can, give 100% each time and you will begin to see your stamina and strength increase. I also recommend that you follow the nutrition guide. Don't skip on calories or you will not lose the weight. The first month I did not lose any because I was not eating enough. I got on here and found out the problem between my calorie burn and intake. The first month of DVD's average around 40 mins and the second months are 60 mins. You will have to increase your calories on the second month.

Hope that helps, friend me if you want.

Diana
  • Time2Thrive
    Time2Thrive Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I have not done Turbo Fire but I hear they are similar. Especially in the fact that they both use max interval training. You will be ready for that.
  • jenniferlynn12
    Options
    I did Insanity for one month and while I only lost a few, I think I wasn't eating enough calories for how much I was burning. It is hard but to be honest it wasn't as hard as I expected--I thought I wouldn't be able to do it all but I was surprised how quickly my body adjusted. Definite toning in arms and legs. The only reason I stopped is I'm running in a 5K in a few weeks so I've been training doing C25K. I'm excited to get back to Insanity after the race in two weeks. I'm going to start the whole thing over... it is a great workout adn goes quickly.
  • danarochelle
    danarochelle Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just started Insanity 4 days ago and I'm so sore! It is very tough but it's a great workout!
  • Minnesnowtagurl
    Minnesnowtagurl Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I did one month of Insanity and lost about 7lbs. It does an insane number on the knees though. I didn't make it to MAX Interval because my knees are still recovering. It's been one week with out exercise at all. Not to mention that my knees were not in the best shape in the first place. I agree with the "Lost of plyometrics and lots of jumping"
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    advice? Have fun and do you best. It is a good hard, not so hard you feel like quitting. And i didnt think i had anything to lose: i lost 12 inches in 63 days and more than quadrupled my fit test results. Best program for cardio.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!