the people here

Options
I remember the last time I was here. there was a thread, where someone postured themselves up, saying how she couldn't understand how someone couldn't get 10,000 steps in. I was like wth. If one works all day, let's say a sedentary job, goes home, takes care of dinner, laundry dishes kids, house, bills, jeez. I have a few daylight hours left and I can't do 10,000, probably not even 5,000. Are there any mods here who can monitor these kinds of posts? It really rubbed me the wrong way. I don't need anyone sugarcoating stuff. But do literally shame people who are unable to do that amount of steps is very upsetting. Anyway, I am back, I did 2,700 steps today. If you want to friend, bounce off one another, hit me up!

Replies

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Actually this is the internet and all types of people post. I would encourage you on your return to think positive and ignore the negative since it isn't going to go away. Stewing about a past post doesn't start one off on the right foot.

Wishing you success and serenity, and the ability to reach your fitness goals.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,122 Member
    Options
    There are community guidelines here: https://www.myfitnesspal.com/community-guidelines
    If you feel a post violates those guidelines, you can flag the post and a moderator will look at it.

There is a lot of good here, but there will always be some people with silly/disrespectful/... ideas. If it isn't against the community guidelines, your options are: ignore and move on, clicking the disagree button and/or responding to the person.

Wishing you success!
  • EverydayEveryday
    Options
    I carry my phone most everywhere either in my purse or pocket, whatever and I downloaded the "Pacer" app and it keeps track of every step I take and my bet is you take a whole lot more steps during the day than you give yourself credit for. And really so what? if you don't get 10,000 steps in. Everybody does the best that they can.
  • tufntender
    tufntender Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. I just don't like the feeling of being belittled
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    That same person may have an absolute wreck of a household and think boiling water to make instant ramen is gourmet. Maybe they're a single "failure to launch" living in mommy's basement and have no clue about juggling a job and kids etc. So just because they perceive themselves to be better than you in one specific regard...honey you may blow them out of the water in other ways.

Or maybe their priorities are just very different.

Regardless, try not to let it get to ya. This is the interwebz and you're gonna bump into all kinds of people here. Keep your chin up and you do you!