Keto weight loss plateau - advice needed!

Hi - I'm down 63 lbs in four months doing keto but have hit a plateau in the last three weeks. How to break through a plateau? I'd love your ideas and help everyone!
Tagged:

Replies

• Ritagettinfit
    Ritagettinfit Posts: 17 Member
    I would fast for 16-20 hours to shock your immune system. That's what I do when I plateau.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,675 Member
    When I did low carb dieting in the past (Atkins), I would often lose a lot in a short time and then wouldn't lose anything for a few weeks. It was water weight. Low carb eating makes water fluctuations really obvious. It can make you feel great when you drop a bunch, but then there is the frustration when the scale doesn't change or you seem to be gaining weight. For me it was made worse because I would have cheat meals every once in a while because i really didn't like low carb. So after a high carb meal, the scale wouldn't budge.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Are you counting cals? What is your weight now vs your goal/healthy weight?

Assuming you are counting, so it's not a situation where you might have increased cals without realizing it, I'd wait it out. As others have said, you have lost quickly, it's normal for weight loss to slow as you lose a bunch of weight, and periods of non loss on the scale as you adjust (due to fluctuating water weight and so on) is also normal. If you have made other changes, like adding in/increasing exercise, that also can cause a temporary and normal stall on the scale.
  • danguiney78
    danguiney78 Posts: 3 Member
    Thank you to everyone for your thoughts and suggestions!
  • Walkywalkerson
    Walkywalkerson Posts: 453 Member
    amylovey1 wrote: »
    Are you weighing and measuring all your food and drink and logging the calories? Keto, paleo, or whatever diet you choose to eat all comes down to calories in vs calories out.

It's basically this.
    Regardless of what diet you're following it's all about the calories.
  • AngWBald
    AngWBald Posts: 59 Member
    Intermittent fasting is what has helped me get through a Plateau. Read Dr. Jason Fung's book titled The Diabetic Code. I'm currently reading that. It talks about intermittent and prolonged fasting. I'll be reading the Obesity Code when I'm finished with this one. He is also on Youtube. Look him up he is a very good speaker. He is very knowledgeable and entertaining.