Does anyone actually use the "my blog" feature?

Options
For sanity reasons, I really need a way to vent out my fitness "journey" (I hate calling it that).

It looks like the "my blog" feature is half broken? When I click "more blogs" it gives an error, and the UI looks like something out of 1997.

Replies

• drollings2019
    drollings2019 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I don't use the blog feature, but I do use the news feed to vent out my fitness journey. Maybe use that? I like the interaction with others on it. But I agree, the my blog feature sucks. I think I used it once or twice. It says you can edit, but you actually cannot. I gave up.
  • dontlikepeople
    dontlikepeople Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    My only issue with the newsfeed is that it gets cluttery if you have friends, and isn't really suited to long form writing and imagery.

Maybe I'll look at some of the free blog services. As a bonus it can be unconnected to my other accounts for some degree of anonymity.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    I did some blog entries. As far as I know, no one ever read them. You'd have to publicize them, perhaps in the chat rooms. But, then, why not just use the chat rooms?
  • Rsrs35
    Rsrs35 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I’m so interested to learn where this is? I’m really interested in blogging (anonymously!)
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,520 Member
    Options
    Totally not what you asked, but four or five years ago I did a series of mindfulness classes through a local studio. The teacher handed us an old fashioned blank hardback journal, told us to choose something we’d like to change about ourselves, and journal it every day.

Within two weeks I had broken a lifelong habit of biting my nails to the quick, and another peculiar habit both my siblings and I inherited from our dad. I have never restarted either habit. Never even been tempted.

Sometimes, old fashioned is just the ticket.

It made me very thoughtful and aware of what I was doing.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i dont use the blog (I have my own website for that LOL) but I do use the newsfeed and ramble incessantly and spring can attest to that and i think drollings up there is also on my friends list.

your newsfeed and friends list can be what you want it to be.

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,520 Member
    Options
    i dont use the blog (I have my own website for that LOL) but I do use the newsfeed and ramble incessantly and spring can attest to that and i think drollings up there is also on my friends list.

The image of warrior chickens riding goats is burnt in my brain.
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I use my blog. It's locked down to private, I don't want an audience, but it looks like accessing other people's blogs is still broken so that's whatever.
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Rsrs35 wrote: »
    I’m so interested to learn where this is? I’m really interested in blogging (anonymously!)

From the Home page, click My Blog in the darker-blue line across the top of the screen.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options

The image of warrior chickens riding goats is burnt in my brain.

I actually read that story at the writers meeting I was at yesterday. Its not what I was GOING to read, but the writer before me had read something very 'heavy' and our group 'leader' looked at me and said 'please tell me you have something funny today'. What I was going to read was much heavier and a submission for a magazine next month that I wanted feedback on, but decided to lighten the mood since it was requested LOL. A couple of the people there had heard the story, but most had not. Our 'leader' is actually an accomplished artist (makes his living from it and writing, but mostly his artwork), and said he wanted to illustrate it LOL. I told him to go for it :P
  • milky_nutella
    milky_nutella Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I use it, it's nice to clear my mind sometimes. I'm having the same issue with the website. When I click my blog it works fine, but when you want to check others the error pops up.
    Please, try to check other blogs from community subpage, it works for me :)
    I wish myfitnesspal had updated whole blog platform. It's so outdated.