Eating all of your calories

Options
I have read the sticky post for newbies and realize that you should eat all of your calories - including your exercise calories. My question is I have 330 calories left at almost 11 PM, should I still try and jam something down before bed? I just ate dinner an hour ago. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    eat today if you can, or add them on to tomorrow. best to reconcile within 24 hours.

fantastic that you read the sticky, btw, most people don't and they should!

blessings.
  • shand417
    Options
    sometimes i eat em and sometimes i don't. maybe just drink a glass of milk....
  • smb0701
    smb0701 Posts: 234
    Options
    i have that problem sometimes as well, sometimes i will eat them back and other times i don't. sometimes it can't be helped.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    If you're hungry - eat. If you aren't hungry - then don't. But, if you don't eat them, be aware that you may be VERY hungry tomorrow. I find when I don't eat all of my exercise calories for some reason (sometimes I'm just not hungry), I will be VERY hungry the next day. I go ahead and eat them the next day and I don't worry about it. I aim to hit my weekly calorie goal vs my daily calorie goal. Doing it this way loosens things up for me. Some days I wanna eat all day and some days I don't wanna eat at all. It all works out in the end.
  • gsenriquez
    gsenriquez Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    If I am hungry I eat them back...but most of the times I don't. I listen to my body...I eat if I am hungry and I don't force it if I don't. One thing that I do though since I exercise at night after putting my daughter to bed. After doing my Jillian Michael's dvd, I drink a cup of almond milk with whey protein powder.
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on how many hours you have before you go to bed, a little snack that won't make your stomach upset would be good, someone suggested a glass of milk, maybe piece of toast with PB on it.

For me it is a matter of planning, and I'm still trying to get the hang of it.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    If you're not hungry don't eat anymore.
  • denisegolden
    denisegolden Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    it is a goal, dont beat yourself up if your not making your caloric goal. i try not to eat or drink any calories after 8pm, or within 4 hours of bedtime. your body does a better job of digesting food and using up the energy(calories) more efficiently. i would be concerned if you arent hitting at least 1200 calories in a 24 hour period, otherwise, you should be fine.
  • adross3
    adross3 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    If your hungry. Tomorrow try to eat them. Don't ever starve. I personally burn 1000 cals during that time and waking. I eat before bed with a very successful fat loss.
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    lol

just because someone says to eat back doesnt make it true
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    If you're worried about eating before bed, don't be. I've been consistently eating the majority of my calories between 6pm and 1am (and yes sometimes I eat all the way until midnight-1) and I've done well. Of course everyone's different but don't let anyone tell you it's an absolute no no.
  • danm71
    Options
    wow....thanks for all of the helpful responses. I had 330 calories left so I had a few peanut butter cookies and milk.
  • keengkong
    keengkong Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I don't believe the claim that it's bad to eat late at night. The only real danger of doing so is that you'll be less likely to control yourself at noght. So long as you're tracking everything and not exceeding your totals, you should be fine. I'm not a big fan of eating by whether you feel hungry; when I do that, I usually overeat and sometimes undereat.