Did MFP Start Deleting Entries?

Options
darreneatschicken
darreneatschicken Posts: 669 Member
Did MFP start deleting entries that you haven't used in a while? For example, I used to have 4 pages full of "breakfast" foods and now I only have 2.

This is very frustrating, because there are foods that I eat very rarely, but would like them to still be saved.

Answers

• Blueherodias
    Blueherodias Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. Soooooooooooo, what is the answer. I would expect an answer added to this thread???
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. Soooooooooooo, what is the answer. I would expect an answer added to this thread???

I doubt you'll get an answer from someone from MFP on this thread as they don't monitor these. You would have to directly message tech support. My guess is that the maintenance that occurred this week caused a number of issues.
  • darreneatschicken
    darreneatschicken Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    MFP Support got back to me and said that they made it so that whatever entries that you don't use in the last 6 months automatically get deleted.

Perhaps we need to start a petition to bring the old system back.
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    A work around would be to enter items as a “meal.” Meals aren’t deleted with time like food lists are (yet). I keep a list of items I want to use titled “use these chicken entries” as a meal so they’re easy to find, and the meal items are all the USDA chicken entries I use. When needed, enter the meal and delete unnecessary foods. This will repopulate your current food list, too.
  • Barbo100
    Barbo100 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Oh that’s disappointing. I’m currently maintaining and not logging but I go back to logging when I go above a certain weight.

I had noticed there seemed less in my list. It makes it all more hard work again.
This discussion has been closed.