Calorie Shifting

Options
Hi, has anyone ever tried calorie shifing in their diet? If so, does it help?
I am trying to get some feadback from you guys on this. Try it or stay away?

Any info. would be nice. Thx

Replies

• 2BHEALTHY
    2BHEALTHY Posts: 62
    Options
    Hi, has anyone ever tried calorie shifing in their diet? If so, does it help?
    I am trying to get some feadback from you guys on this. Try it or stay away?

Any info. would be nice. Thx
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what you mean by "shifting"? can you clarlify?
  • gperry227
    gperry227 Posts: 93
    Options
    Ok. I dont know how to start my own thread. Can someone PLEASE tell me how I gained 1/4 lb (i know it's not that much) from yesterday to today. I have stayed in my calories and did 60 mins cardio both yesterday and today!!!! I am frustrated. I should have lost weight, not gained it!!!! ugh.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Ok. I dont know how to start my own thread. Can someone PLEASE tell me how I gained 1/4 lb (i know it's not that much) from yesterday to today. I have stayed in my calories and did 60 mins cardio both yesterday and today!!!! I am frustrated. I should have lost weight, not gained it!!!! ugh.

you body weight naturally flucuates all the time. think about it, if you weigh yourself, then drink a glass of water, then way yourself again, you are going to weigh slightly more. That's why it's not a good idea to weigh everyday. try once every week or 2.
  • mgullette
    mgullette Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Are you talking going low for 3 days, higher for 1? Calorie cycling or carbohydrate cycling?
  • 2BHEALTHY
    Options
    Yes I think it goes something like that, you keep shifting every few days so you burn fat faster. I wanted to knew if anyone has done this before. Thx
  • mgullette
    mgullette Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I think many body builders cycle their carbs, either doing a 3 day low, 1 day high, or doing 3 weeks cutting with low-carb, followed by 3 high days and back to low cycle... I don't know about calorie cycling.
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Some sites call it zig-zagging. www.naturalphysiques.com/tools Clik on calculators & tools.

Basically, if your regular daily intake is 1700 cals
    Day 1 = 1700 cals
    Day2 = 1800 cals
    Day 3 = 1600 cals
    Day 4 = 1800 cals....etc...

This is a bit simplistic, but I'm sure you get the idea. The website has a lot more info.
  • 2BHEALTHY
    Options
    does anyone have results one calorie shifting zig zag. who love to here from you.
  • Sebidian
    Sebidian Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I tried it, found it very frustrating to keep track of, especially when also exercising.
  • christineluksis
    Options
    This sounds like the diet that's described in "Crack the Fat Loss Code" ... it worked wonders for my friend, but I don't have the willpower to stick to it!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I don't follow a strict zig-zagging schedule, but my diet naturally tends to be that way. Over my calories one day, right on the next, a couple hundred under the next.

I hear zig-zagging is a great way to break a plateau.
  • 2BHEALTHY
    Options
    Thx for the reply's

I know it has worked for some people. My thing is after you are on the same diet for a few months, you kind of get stuck. The scale kind of stays still. I was looking for a change or advise from you guys, maybe this has happened to some of you.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: pease