Big girl on a mission!

Options
Hi!

Im a big girl who is over 20 stone despertaly trying to lose weight after realising that ive been indenial about my weight for a long time, I havent stuck to any diet plan in the past and I am really hoping that this site is going to help me.
This is my first week and when I weighed myself today Ive lost 7 pounds :D Im really pleased and want to keep losing more.

If there are any other big girls trying to lose wieght like me then I would love to chat, would be nice to have support from girls who are a similair size to me :D

Good luck with weight loss people x

Replies

• fossette
    Options
    Welcome! I love this site, it's the only thing that's ever worked for me. I use it religiously, tracking every morsel that I eat. I've lost just about 30lbs since July 19.

We can cheer each other on :) I've got a lot more to lose.

Fossie
  • kaitlynnesmommy
    kaitlynnesmommy Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    welcome to the goup!

I joined on July 7th and am down almost 25...the support is amazing!

Friend me if you would like!
  • yojibalinese
    Options
    I'm on a similar path! I've been at this site for about a year now. I'm not good with excercise but I am VERY good at organizing and using this site to record everything that passes my lips has helped me drop almost 100 pounds! Just by being made aware. If you're the type to be willing to be honest with your food diary I think you'll do well with this site.
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    7lbs is a HUGE loss in one week. I have 2 things to say.
    1) I hope you aren't on some starvation diet that you can't stick with and isn't healthy.
    2) Don't be discouraged if you gain some of that back. That is a a HUGE 1 week drop.

Ok... 3 things.
    3) Congrats on losing weight and I wish for the best for you in the future!
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    There's lots of us about. Best of luck. With a bit of commitment, and a lot of self-care, you will do fantastically.

7lbs is not at all unusual in a first week, when you're 20 stone plus. (In my first week on weightwatchers, I lost 9 - and I was eating plenty - that's a very common experience). A lot of that will be the first flush of water weight leaving your body along with fat loss. Generally the early weeks and even months months go a little faster than the recommended 2lb. Your weightloss will gradually slow till you get to about 2lb a week.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This place is great :flowerforyou:
  • veggie_rachel
    veggie_rachel Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hello! I only joined a few days ago and have been too nervous to weigh myself this week because I didn't lose anything in the previous two weeks. I'll find out on Sunday! I'm always happy to add friends if you're interested :D
  • songofserenity81
    songofserenity81 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    welcome to the site :) You can do it. Heck if I can anyone can :) I started out at 20 stone too and am now in sight of my initial goal post.
  • queen_ofjacks
    Options
    Hi! we definitely sound about the same size, and we're in very similar situations. i would be more than happy to be support or friends or whatever! :)
  • Sugarcult88
    Options
    7lbs is a HUGE loss in one week. I have 2 things to say.
    1) I hope you aren't on some starvation diet that you can't stick with and isn't healthy.
    2) Don't be discouraged if you gain some of that back. That is a a HUGE 1 week drop.

Ok... 3 things.
    3) Congrats on losing weight and I wish for the best for you in the future!

Im defo not starving myself lol I could never do that ive just been adding more exercise into my week which i never did before :) I know that my weight loss will slow down abit in the coming weeks but id rather lose slowly then drop quick and it not last. Thanks so much for the people who replied, it is so nice to have support :D

Hope to chat to you all more in the future!
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal. :smile: