Anti Inflammatory diet help ( for GERDS with Sjogrens)

Options
PowerKickChic
PowerKickChic Posts: 108 Member
edited December 2021 in Food and Nutrition
Feel free to skip this part if you just want to give nutrition advice, I just wanted to you to get an idea where I am health-wise. <3

**************Beginning**************
So, I have have significant auto-immune issues. Psoriasis, psoriatic arthritis and sjogrens syndrome. Psoriasis - we all know what that is - red plaques from the immune system malfunctioning "repairing" skin that doesnt need it. Psoriatic arthritis is misleading. It behaves different than most arthritis because its *not from wear and tear like on a typical person/athlete but it deforms the joints/bones which is very painful and it is not controllable without suppressants or biologics because its immune related." Then sjogrens is the immune system affecting your saliva or any body fluid production. You get dry eyes and very dry mouth (and more sensitive areas). It can range from mild to severe. The more severe cases, the glands in your throats swell so you cant swallow/cant eat/feel like you're suffocating, because there is no salvia, you have major gerds issues-get stomach acid in your throat-ruining your teeth-oh the bills I have paid lol, extreme skin dryness, very sensitive to the sun-almost like when you get your eyes dilated at the doc and go out into the sun, gastrointestinal dysmotility, extreme fatigue and brain fog.
I didnt want to go on immune suppressants during covid because I knew I would need the vaccine too. So about 1.5-2 months ago my sjogrens made me very very sick. I wasnt able to eat hardly anything. Often living off ice cream because it was easy to eat and it gave me enough calories. Over time if I could eat a little more 2-4 oz of chicken and a few pieces of veg was a huge win for me. I had a constant elevated temp, I had hardly any energy - it was like I was living in a fog, I felt like I was choking every time I ate, my gerds was bad...I have constant acid in my throat/chew a lot of gum to try to combat it. Im down 55lbs(started losing the month before due to loss of appetite), 35lbs of that the last 2 months.
Anyway, I got the vaccine. I finally went to the doctors, he gave me an immune suppressant and a med to help with saliva production. Its worked better than I thought it would. Literally, the next day I was eating much better...but my stomach shrunk so I couldn't eat much. Okay, thats fine but then...I started having major gerds attacks and digestion issues too. So, I think I need to look into anti-inflammatory diets to try to tame that acid.

***************End***************

So do you happen to have any advice/foods/recipes that you can share? Thank you in advance <3

Replies

• nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    I have heard of people with auto immune diseases doing well on plant based diets. My good friend has Lupus and swears it helps her.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,619 Member
    Options
    ss7h7nqyk9el.jpg