Over eatten.....combined with Exercise is this the answer to

Options
I'm finding it hard to control my hunger strikes and have been stuffing my face since last saturday:O( my weight has changed as ive put on a kilo!!!! but my measurements remain the same.......is the answer to exercise???

Replies

• YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    You could duct tape your mouth shut.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options

hmmm i might try that
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I don't know what you're eating, but chances are you're not eating the right things... High protein, high fiber.

The more I work out, the hungrier I am -- so I don't know if that's the answer you're looking for. While you do need to eat a bit more when you work out hard core, you still have to manage your eating. I like to eat three meals a day and 2-3 snacks. I always try to eat stuff high in protein, high in fiber, lower in carbs - and especially lower in empty carbs. Also, I drink a ton of water. This helps you feel full, and doesn't increase food cravings like sugary drinks can (even diet sodas).
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    what are you over eating on? if you still get hungry raw veggies are good, and its always good to exercise. though i am not sure i agree with the thought process some people have that just exercise to eat more.
  • ladyphoto
    ladyphoto Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Also try drinking a ton of water- I have read (and found to be true) that a lot of times when you think you are hungry, you are actually thirsty. Your body is trying to get water from food- (i.e. cravings for juicy fruits like grapes, oranges, etc)- if you stay really really hydrated, you may be less hungry.

If you eat too much and you just over do it, just add an extra hour to your workout. Try to keep it evened out.
  • kristivahl
    kristivahl Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this is totally healthy, but I read an article recently that said feeling "hunger" IS healthy (well mild to moderate hunger, not that starvation feeling) - so everytime I start to feel hungry when I know I don't need to be eating, I try to tell myself that it is a good thing and I'm probably burning calories or losing wieight when I get that feeling - which keeps me focused on not eating, and then the feeling usually goes away shortly thereafter. I've only started doing this over the past week or so, but its been working pretty good so far in helping to curb my mid day snacking habits :) ... Hope this helps!
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options

Your kinkiness is amazing. :heart:
  • ncgatorfan
    Options
    I need to go to the store and get some duct tape, pronto! Why the hell didn't I think of that before??
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    They were warned that you did not have breakfast yet...lol.
  • caroltina
    caroltina Posts: 453 Member
    Options

I honestly can't believe I just read this, this is shocking behaviour and this is why I won't ask any advice anymore
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I was struggling with the food limitations too. I've since increased my exercise three fold (was maybe burning 100 to 200 a day, now averaging 600)...the extra exercise has caused me to feel more hungry but I just think back to when I was trying to eat only 1290 and leave myself some calories to eat after exercising. The other thing I did was set my weight loss to half a pound per week. This took me up from 1290 to 1500 which in and off itself seemed less arduous (be wary, with the slower weight loss, it becomes all the more imperative to stay on or just under goal). That and the exercise boost and I'm eating on average 2000 calories a day now, don't feel food restricted at all. It's too early to say if this will work for me or not but I definitely feel it is more sustainable and contrary to the people wondering if the desire to eat is a good reason to exercise, if exercising and eating more is what it takes to not binge and fall off the wagon then it's a completely valid approach. What ever you choose to do, pay attention to it for a bit to ensure it's causing you to lose.

Needless to say, pick healthy foods over bad ones. Also, within your calorie limit, try getting in some "good fats" avocado, olive oil, etc because from what I understand, this kind of fat helps us feel full for longer.

And keep thinking to yourself "hunger is my friend, hunger is my ally" (a little hunger that is, not a lot).
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    when do you eat and how many meals per day.? Most will say to eat 6 small meals a few hours apart..and loads of water.that usually works for me..and rarely get hungry..

When I am out and about..I always take water with me as well as almonds and protein bars...which totally helps..
  • GFreg
    GFreg Posts: 404
    Options
    I don't know what you're eating, but chances are you're not eating the right things... High protein, high fiber.

The more I work out, the hungrier I am -- so I don't know if that's the answer you're looking for. While you do need to eat a bit more when you work out hard core, you still have to manage your eating. I like to eat three meals a day and 2-3 snacks. I always try to eat stuff high in protein, high in fiber, lower in carbs - and especially lower in empty carbs. Also, I drink a ton of water. This helps you feel full, and doesn't increase food cravings like sugary drinks can (even diet sodas).

High protein, moderate fat, low carbs and lots of water is generally a good way to satisfy your appetite when you are adding a workout routine. Let me explain myself with the fat. I know that some people are scared of it, but it is actually good for us. Foods like fatty fish (salmon, etc.), almonds, peanut butter(I prefer Natural to avoid extra processing), olive oil are some very good foods to incorporate into a diet. Fat helps you stay full. Enjoy good fatty foods in moderation. Fats to avoid are Trans Fat and some studies say Saturated Fat. Poly Unsaturated Fat is widely regarded as being a healthy part of a diet.
  • CVALGAL
    CVALGAL Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I find that for me, exercising actually decreases my appetite, and makes me thirstier for water. You can't go wrong increasing your exercise and drinking lots of water!
  • keengkong
    keengkong Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Follow the advice of others offered above regarding eating foods that will make yourself feel full. If you're doing that and eating at least the number of calories that you should, you might have to grin and bear it. There are some times you have to use will power. My own experience is that I'll have intense cravings, but if I let them pass, then I won't have the same problem 2 days later. However, don't try will power to overcome your cravings unless you're eating at least what My Fitness Pal tells you. I switched from a goal of losing two pounds a week to one pound a week largely so I could eat enough that I'd feel much less hungry.
  • louisebear
    Options
    Good Morning and a big THANKYOU for all the advice, I have been eatting all the wrong food :O( kinda comfot eatting as my weight loss came to a stop and i was fighting everyday with the scales, kinda annoiying when ur hungry and the weight wont drop!!! My willpower is back AND BACK FOR GOOD ....... gonna get myself to the super market and buy some healthy options to eat.......its taken me a long time to loss 4 kilos and im not gonna gain it all back NO WAY!!!! Have a great weekend xxxx