WEEKLY OMAD JOURNEY

Hello! Lets get straight to it. Im 5'2, Female, 31 yrs old, no children, I work from home and have a very sedentary lifestyle. I work about 5/7 days of the week and on my off days I love to walk around stores and shop...that is about the only excersise I get besides cleaning and doing house chores everyday. Ive Been doing OMAD for 2 weeks now and I want you guys to follow me on my journey. I would really like to make a youtube channel when I get to my goal weight. I will be updating you guys weekly. Please leave comments and suggestions.

Starting Weight 10/1/2021- 196.2 lbs

Current Weight 10/16/2021- 192.6 lbs

Goal Weight: 150 lbs

10/7 Week 1: 194.2
10/14 Week 2: 191.2
10/21 Week 3:
10/28 Week 4:

Replies

• rilesapp
    rilesapp Posts: 22 Member
    edited October 2021
    A couple things to know:

My sleeping schedule is usually 2am-10:45am

My eating window changes up daily but its usually any time between 2pm and 4pm and it takes me anywhere between 30 mins and an hour to finish my one meal.

I drink coffee in the morning to hold my appetite until I start my one meal.

I rarely use cooking oils, maily just pam 0 calorie spray.
    I drink zero calorie drinks (coke zero or crystal light powdered beverage)
    I drink a minimum if 48 ounces of water per day but mostly 94 ounces
    Since OMAD I dont crave that many sweets. I mostly have salty cravings
    I drink 4-6 ounces of an alcoholic beverage once a week (technically breaks my fast) but I do not mix alcohol with any sweet liquids

Some of my staples are : small clementines, turkey bacon strips, avocado, low cal wheat bread, eggs, almond milk or oatmilk, coffee.
  • rilesapp
    Hello to whoever has viewed! I really feel like quitting. Thats all. no update this week.

10/21 Week 3: 190.2
    10/28 Week 4:
  • Xellercin
    Xellercin Posts: 924 Member
    How are you finding it?

I'm doing 18:6 IF, but making sure to have two normal eating days per week because I've read about the horrible things that can happen to women who do IF for too long.

Are you having any of these negative effects?

I know for me, I can tell it started messing with my hormones because I don't get a period (Mirena), but suddenly after 5 weeks of IF, I started getting cramps and spotting every week.

That's when I read about the problems with IF for women. So that's why I added the two normal eating days.
  • rilesapp
    Hello. Ive pretty much been doing 2 meals a day or IF with an 8 hour window. Ill have a pretty large meal at 2-3pm and then a snack at 10-11pm It would be a snack between 200-300 calories. Only symptoms I have had is very loose stools in the morning and Some days I would have to stop between bites of food just to go to the restroom. So food digest very fast all of a sudden.
  • rilesapp
    Hello you all. I had one night where I ate a full bag of cheetos and 10 slices of turkey bacon annndddd a full grilled chicken breast....all consumed in one sitting, breaking my fast, at midnight....this was a few nights ago. I felt awful but didnt let it stop me. The next day I continued with my omad. Im not sure why I was so hungry just that one night because I typically dont starve myself I always snack on a low cal low carb snack if I cannot sleep or if I get too hungry and that one night I just flat out bindged.....soooo Ill update you all tomorrow with week 4. Wish me good luck.
  • rilesapp
    ALso a small update Im back to doing OMAD with a 3 day streak. I bought Pickles in replacement of my turkey bacon that Ive been munching on to get me thru this and Its been working. No calories...just full of salt.
  • np33441
    np33441 Posts: 31 Member
    Just wanted to say keep going!! You can do it!
    I went way over my calories today and felt awful about it but I read your previous post and realized that it wasn't the end of the world. You never know who you're inspiring with your posts :)
  • NYPhotographer2021
    NYPhotographer2021 Posts: 505 Member
    Hi! Just now saw this. Explain OMAD please? I have been eating IF 16:8 but today I managed 20:4. I also eat low carb/keto. I'm looking for any other suggestions on how to stay on track. OMAD is one meal a day, correct? How many calories are you eating in one setting? If you are still doing it that is. Thanks!
  • rilesapp
    Sorry for the late update you guys. I have been weighing in on another app on my phone. I am still eating once per day. I eat about 1300-1500 calories on average sometimes more when I have the day off from work but never over 2,000 in one sitting. Ate night I eat a dill pickle if I cannot sleep but other than That I am always in a fasted state until I eat.
    I want to incorporate exercising for the month of November. If you are following my journey Lets make it work for this month simple and slow...I am going to walk at about 2.5 speed for 30mins per day on my indoor (no-incline treadmill) Starting today. Also 30 sit ups before bed. Anyone think they can do this challenge for November with me? see yall tomorrow for week 5

10/28 Week 4: 189.8
    11/3 Week 5:
  • rilesapp
    I feel great. I feel slim. I am not discouraged. I even see cuts in my abdomen and I just started "walking" slowly on an indoor treadmill with zero incline for about 30-45 mins(only 5 days a week for the last two weeks)...and Ive been doing about 3 sets of 30 sit ups (3 days per week for the last 2 weeks)
    I'm being super positive because I feel and look sooooo good I wont give up. Now eating 1,600-2,000 calories per day. My challenge this week is to only eat until satisfied no more than 800 calories in one sitting. so I'll be eating one regular meal during my opening window and then IF NEEDED ill have one small 200-350 calories before bed. This is the update. I didnt want to be honest about last week but the way I look honey?! I had to be honest because Ive been sore from my workouts which is considered "DOMS" and that means that My muscles may be growing and Im just retaining more water so that my body can repair itsself...I think..dont quote me. Tip this week is just to keep taking full body pictures in the most uncomfortable items you usually dont wear and just keep them to compare each week

10/28 Week 4: 189.8
    11/3 Week 5: 193.2
    11/10 Week 6: 191.4

• BoxingDayBoy
    BoxingDayBoy Posts: 21 Member
    Add me :)