Currently injured but starting with calorie deficit first then will add working out, need motivation

Options
This last year has been hard. At 40 years old I was most fit. Then I tore 3 things in my knee and surgery did not go well and my left leg was paralyzed for a year. went from mud runs and heavy weight lifting to gaining 50 lbs. then at 44 I tore my calf, so I decided to get fit. I ended up losing 56 lbs and was looking the best I had in a long time. That lasted 3 years and now this last year, I have torn my left knee again and I tore my achilles tendon all in the left leg. So I've had 2 major surgeries in the last 4 months and I'm going through physical therapy. I need to lose 35 lbs and I'm frustrated but I know I can do it. Any support anyone can give me I would appreciate it.

Replies

• FLYJETS70
    FLYJETS70 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hang in there and take one day at a time. Focus on your blessings 🙂
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    You poor thing! You've been through a lot!

In your situation I'd be frustrated, too. But I hope you're able to give yourself some grace.

I recently had hip surgery, and since inactivity means there's not much I can do about the "calories out" side while I heal, I'm focusing on the "calories in" side. I'm really trying to stick to a maintenance calorie goal, and keep plenty of veggies at the ready.

Healing thoughts to you
  • gobootjack
    gobootjack Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I’m sorry about all the grief you’ve been through, I know it’s so hard. You are on the right track though and as you get more fit, I’m sure it will help both physically and emotionally. Our bodies are amazing and physical therapy is amazing too. Best wishes and I know you can do it!
  • Back_4_more
    Back_4_more Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I ruptured my Achilles 2 yrs ago that I'm still dealing with. I couldn't image what you are going thru w/ a torn knee also. I know its rough physically and mentally. I gained back 50 of the 65lbs I lost years ago and working on losing it again. Wishing you a speedy recovery