What have you learned about yourself?

Options
Since I started MFP back in June I have realized that I am strong and not just physically but mentally as well. I have pushed myself to workout harder and longer than ever before. I have also learned that my positive attitude is appreciated by others who are walking this walk of weightloss with me. I am excited that I am losing weight the right way and so should you. So what have you learned about yourself?

Replies

• shesblossoming
    Options
    I've learned that a healthy me doesn't exactly mean a skinny me. Although I have a long way to go, I can already see these amazing changes. The weight loss is just a bonus.
  • alicollins74
    alicollins74 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I am learning that the real 'me' has been hiding for a long time. I forgot who 'she' was. It's like I can feel the walls falling down and I am breaking through...I know there is a rough road ahead in my life but in order for me to be 'me' again, I have to be strong and have confidence that I am making the right decisions. I am learning to feel good about myself...Thanks for posting this question :)
  • sh3lby03
    sh3lby03 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I have learned that I am braver than I believe, stronger than I seem, and smarter than I think:)
  • Elmaunie
    Elmaunie Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I've learned that a healthy me doesn't exactly mean a skinny me. Although I have a long way to go, I can already see these amazing changes. The weight loss is just a bonus.

^^ Love this! I'm loving feeling healthier although I'm still a bit of a heifer lol.

I've learned that I have a lot more/less will power than I thought. That may make no sense but I'm getting really good at saying 'no thanks' to cakes... but no way am I passing up that glass of wine :) Quitting smoking? Pfft - easy compared to accounting for every calorie!
  • KevDaniel
    KevDaniel Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I have learned that my life is a battle and I don't always win.. but I keep fighting and get closer to victory everyday..

Also there is always a before.. but hardly ever an after..
  • sdwelk11
    Options

So true! I have learned that being healthier is more important than trying to get into that size pants that you think you need to be in. I have learned that I am happier now than in a long time because I feel better and have not just said I am making a lifestyle change but I really am doing it this time. I have learned that only I can change myself and that I only need to please myself and nobody else.
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting, really enjoyed reading everyone's comments on this :-) I've learnt not to quit when it gets tough! Oh, and no breakfast = sugar binge. It's all over the internet, but somehow my brain didn't absorb it before ;-) Loads of luck to you all on the rest of your journeys! :-)
  • quichebradford
    quichebradford Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I've learned that weightloss doesn't happen overnight and that there's no "quick fix". I've learned that I can get through a P90X workout and still live. I've learned that I am worth every sacrifice being made to be a better me!!
  • JohnFurie
    Options
    I have learned I am no longer a slave to food, and I am stronger that I thought...
  • Redladystl
    Redladystl Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Awesome question! I've learned that I am eating way too much of the wrong foods. Ive learned that after 40 it takes more than just exercise! I've learned that there are no magic pills or shots. I've learned that LEARNING to eat right takes time, dedication, persistance and, more learning. I've learned that eating healthy is really actually cheaper in more ways than one. I've learned that my body loves me back when I treat it right. I've learned that losing weight and being healthy is a journey not a destination. I've learned that support and encouragement is a great part of the journey. I've learned a lot, and still learning.
  • mssweetjay
    Options
    I learn not to give up, to actually think before doing my nervous eating. I learn to cope with my emotional feelings than eating everything in sight because of my emotions at the time. I learn that I can get hook on exercising big time and I learn to LOVE MYSELF MORE EACH DAY!!!! Thanks for being my pal!!!:smile: