Please help!

Options
Hya guys,

I workout 3 times a week weightlifting full body.
I want to simplfy my routine and cut out some of the isolation work Ive done in the last year.
Aside from bench press as I really don't enjoy it, can anyone see any exersises I should be adding or not bothering with from the list here? Looking to build muscle and therefore tone up and get more definition overall.

RDLs
Deadlifts
barbell squats
lunges/ bulgarian split squats
Assisted pull ups
overhead press ( barbell)
bent over row ( barbell)
Dips

Replies

• slade51
    slade51 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Maybe push-ups to replace chest press.
  • makinlifehappen
    makinlifehappen Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I don't connect well with my chest so I don't enjoy working it usually. I do a bro-split and on chest day I typically pre-exhaust/prime my chest with the cable flyes for a couple sets until I know the rest of my workout will have a good connection.
    If I am doing a any normal press style movement it is in a super or giant set. And if I don't connect I just modify it so I do.

Only thing I can recommend with the information provided as a non trainer is to makes sure you are getting the proper nutrition/protein for what your goals are and maybe increase the intensity and volume.

Best of luck
  • matt9712
    matt9712 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Working out should be a positive and enjoyable part of your day. If you only enjoy bench press try and figure out why it's enjoyable. Do you see more progress, do you feel stronger in that exercise, do you feel more connected to the chest with that movement then you do with others? Whatever the reason is try and connect that to other exercises. Switch it up if your bored with same routine, same exercises. Maybe it's too long of a session or you just need a week off. Maybe change reps from 8-12 to 2-5 or vice versa. You've got alot of the main exercises listed. Use the main core exercises and do variations that keep you interested. I personally have to switch it up every couple weeks as far as programming because I get bored with same old *kitten* everyday. Long story short try and keep it enjoyable and with a purpose and you'll see good changes. Good luck and keep smashing weights!