Exercise after weight loss surgery

Options
I’ma little over a month out from weight loss surgery. I’ve been walking about a mile and a half, plus a round of about 15 strength machines set to twenty lbs. I currently do this five days a week. I’m consuming between 6-700 calories daily. I focus on protein primarily diet-wise, 60-80g daily. Carbs, I stay under 50g.
Any tweaks you advise?

Replies

• goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    You should probably consult your doctor first, if you're only a month out from surgery. I assume--and fervently hope--the VLCD is also on doctor's orders, because 700 calories per day is seriously not enough to fuel intense exercise - you might already be overdoing it with your current exercise regimen, but again, talk to the doc.

If there's something about your exercise regimen that isn't working for you, or if there's an exercise-related goal you would like to start working toward, your doctor should be able to direct you to resources to help you make whatever changes you're wanting, but definitely do that under the supervision of a medical professional, especially for as long as you're medically advised to eat so little.
  • gerussellprivate
    Options
    You should probably consult your doctor first, if you're only a month out from surgery. I assume--and fervently hope--the VLCD is also on doctor's orders, because 700 calories per day is seriously not enough to fuel intense exercise - you might already be overdoing it with your current exercise regimen, but again, talk to the doc.

If there's something about your exercise regimen that isn't working for you, or if there's an exercise-related goal you would like to start working toward, your doctor should be able to direct you to resources to help you make whatever changes you're wanting, but definitely do that under the supervision of a medical professional, especially for as long as you're medically advised to eat so little.

Thank you for responding. The low calories are definitely under strict medical supervision. My blood work is frequently checked and is good. The doctor has cleared me for walking and light strength training.
  • Joechuks01
    Joechuks01 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi,

You can alternate your weight training routine with some body weight exercises as these will help you to hit some of your muscles that you can't hit with machines. As your body may still be tender from your surgery, you can start with some beginner exercises and take it from there. Good luck.

Check out : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NT-7tFXtaEo