SWEAT app for a beginner??

So I’m looking for a good workout app with variety and that gets results, but from what I’ve read about SWEAT, it’s a little intimidating… I’m very out of shape, 230lbs, and large chested. Many parts sound appealing, but I don’t want to pay a lot and then be miserable and out of my league. My friend loves it, but she’s also very active.
Thoughts?

Replies

• matt9712
    matt9712 Posts: 50 Member
    Look at fitbod app. I just started using it couple weeks ago and it's pretty good. You input your goals, equipment you have, time you'd like to workout for and it designs a workout for you. It's free to try but goes to I think 12.99 a month after. I'm pretty picky with my routines and so far so good. I have to add stuff just specific to movements I want to do.
  • Joechuks01
    Joechuks01 Posts: 7 Member
    edited December 2021
    Hi,

In my humble opinion, you can start off with some light work to get in shape and build up a bit of conditioning before committing to paying a monthly fee to get in shape.

You can start with some beginner exercises and work yourself from there.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,668 Member
    Fitness Blender is a website that has a wide variety of exercises at different levels. It's free.
  • creesama
    creesama Posts: 125 Member
    matt9712 wrote: »
    Look at fitbod app. I just started using it couple weeks ago and it's pretty good. You input your goals, equipment you have, time you'd like to workout for and it designs a workout for you. It's free to try but goes to I think 12.99 a month after. I'm pretty picky with my routines and so far so good. I have to add stuff just specific to movements I want to do.

Thanks, I’ll check it out! I thought about doing a bunch of free trials of apps to see if any click for me. But I also like committing to something so I can have consistency and can track change. I probably need to look at the bigger picture though and not worry about change at the beginning and instead focus on finding something I enjoy long term.
  • creesama
    Joechuks01 wrote: »
    Hi,

In my humble opinion, you can start off with some light work to get in shape and build up a bit of conditioning before committing to paying a monthly fee to get in shape.

You can start with some beginner exercises and work yourself from there.

Check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NT-7tFXtaEo

Thanks, that’s probably a better way to tackle things. I’ll look into that video!

I will say that the program aspect that builds on itself without me having to figure it out is appealing to me, so that’s why SWEAT caught my eye.

• matt9712
    matt9712 Posts: 50 Member
    It's alot easier to stick with something you enjoy. Plenty of choices out there to go through.
  • creesama
    Fitness Blender is a website that has a wide variety of exercises at different levels. It's free.

Thanks for responding! I’ll check it out :-)