My Secret to a Six Pack

Options
13»

Replies

• rsqsquad05
    Options
    So i had started to see progress in my abs..I could make out the 4 pack but still have fat over the lower abdomen. SO, I got excited and started working my abs really hard everday for 3-4 days in a row. I did the sit ups with weights on my stomach, hanging leg lifts, plank etc. NOW it feels like I was hit just under my ribs at the "4 Pack" area with a baseball bat! It's swollen and feels like a bruise. . . I'm sure it's my fault but have you eer had that happen? Also, how long did it take you to get to wear you are now?
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    So i had started to see progress in my abs..I could make out the 4 pack but still have fat over the lower abdomen. SO, I got excited and started working my abs really hard everday for 3-4 days in a row. I did the sit ups with weights on my stomach, hanging leg lifts, plank etc. NOW it feels like I was hit just under my ribs at the "4 Pack" area with a baseball bat! It's swollen and feels like a bruise. . . I'm sure it's my fault but have you eer had that happen? Also, how long did it take you to get to wear you are now?

abs are muscles so they should be trained like any other muscle and be given proper time to recover, training them everyday is prob not the best idea. every other day at most
  • ysamatar
    ysamatar Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Very interesting indeed.
  • damonmath
    damonmath Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I lost 60 lbs. in just about 75 days... However, I was working out up to 3 hours a day and eating back my calories using expensive GNC body building drinks in addition to eating clean and often, etc...

When I got to my lowest point on the scale was also my most ripped look. About 168 lbs. @ 6' 1" tall. In the current picture I am @178 pounds... So it's really getting your body fat lower that will ultimately pull out the bottom 2.

I should warn that when you do get super low in body fat you also lose some brain power. I have seen body builders drop 20-40 IQ points simply because they stopped eating fat and drinking water. Yes water!!! Your organs need fat as a form of protection from your other organs, bones, muscle, tendons, etc... Your brain needs a good bit of that fat as well.
  • loriyak
    loriyak Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Amazing post AND amazing results ! Thanks for sharing!
  • KettyLan
    KettyLan Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    This is very informative. I was not sue myself about an specific diet for abs...your post just cleared my mind...thank you so very much!!!!
  • sal0118
    Options
    This is really good information. I appreciate the time you put into it. It is inspiring and great information. The thought of getting down that much protein is intimidating. However, I do need to work on increasing it and making a goal.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    So i had started to see progress in my abs..I could make out the 4 pack but still have fat over the lower abdomen.

I also have the "4 pack" but small amount of fat covering my lower abs. I figure it'll go with decreasing body fat and/or it's from being a woman/mother and will sadly never go.
  • coppercurlz
    Options
    bump
  • spongela
    Options
    bump
  • crobinson53
    Options
    bump
  • Lanfear
    Lanfear Posts: 524
    Options
    Great post, I wish I had the discipline to stick to a clean eating diet. I'd say it's clean 90% of the time but I do have a sweet tooth and I can't get along without bread!
  • Healthy67Chick
    Healthy67Chick Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Great post! Thanks for sharing!