New Fit Friends

Options
Hi everyone. I'm a MFP OG, been on here for around a decade now with all different levels of success and regressions. As time goes on, your support group comes and goes. I haven't added many new friends to my list in almost 3 years so I think its time for some fresh faces. I find the accountability of friends on this app to be very motivating.

2021 was a stellar year for me in every category besides my health. I'm a new dad, in a new career and finally a homeowner. With all that was going on with all of those things, my health fell by my wayside. I ate decent but drank way too much and work an office job from home so the activity is lacking. 2022 is going to be a year where I got back to prioritizing my health.

I need to lose about 35 pounds but I want to do it while packing on lean muscle. So I plan to limit my diet to whole natural foods with an emphasis on protein to facilitate muscle building. I'm doing a dry January to kick it off. I also want to perform resistance training up 4 times per week while mixing in some yoga for flexibility and cardio fitness. I'm also a runner but live in Colorado and its far from running season but I think dropping weight and building muscle will only help me become a better runner when its all said and done.

I like to post my workouts as well as a song I listened to from each one. I'm a big basketball and hip hop fan if you're looking for things to have in common. I also love hiking and exploring. I also have two dogs as well. Working from home, so I do appreciate some of the social aspects of MFP.

Hit me up if you think we'll gel. Just write something in the friend request that lets me know you're not a MFP robot lol

Replies

• Goddess_Atalanta
    Goddess_Atalanta Posts: 7 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Hey, congratulations on being a new dad! :) I'm doing a dry January, too. I don't know how to friend request anyone, though...