How to lose weight from fat?

Options
missb4k
missb4k Posts: 1 Member
edited January 2022 in Health and Weight Loss
I know I cant spot reduce but I also wanted to signficantly lose weight in legs and lose the fat. How can I do so??? I really also wanted my legs to look significantly less bulky and less big from excess fat and possibly a tiny bit of muscle on it. Or is liposuction my really best bet? I hope not!:/

My target calories according to myfitnesspal is about 1,480 calories. How does the calorie deficit work as well?

I try and intermittent fast too for reducing sugar cravings too. I also dont know how much fat I have but maybe are there any of those machines that are cheap that can tell me?

Replies

• goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    You can't spot-reduce excess body fat. If you maintain a calorie deficit (which just means taking in fewer calories from food than your body burns in the course of you going about your business in a given period of time), your body will make up the difference from its stored energy (i.e., that excess body fat), but the order in which those fat cells are used for fuel is not something that you can do anything to control. You cannot, for example, do a lot of leg workouts to "make" your body burn the fat on your legs, that is not how this works.

To ensure that your body is using mostly your stored fat, and *not* muscle or other tissues, to pay the energy bills so to speak, keep your deficit modest - especially if you don't have much to lose, trying to lose too fast will make your body burn other kinds of tissues in addition to the fat. 1lb per week is sustainable for most people; if you have less than about 20-30 lbs to lose, 0.5lb per week would be better for you. That 2lb per week modifier is tempting, but trying to lose that fast if you're not already 200-250+ lbs will do you more harm than good.
  • natasor1
    natasor1 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Very cheap tool to measure subcuteneuose fat is "pinch devise", looks like plastic pincer to pinch your skin in particular spots and apply this pincer, then to compare your measurements to table. https://www.amazon.com/s?k=fat+tester+handheld&crid=2B3TM37RX6IBD&sprefix=fat+test,aps,166&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_3_8
    Obviously will not show precisely, but a ball park +/_ 2% you will know where you are.
  • peazoo1325
    peazoo1325 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Each person genetically stores fat differently. Some women hold the majority of their body fat in their legs while others store more in other areas. That said, you should strive to just lose the body fat. The fallacy is getting thinner means you look too thin, the truth is as you lose body fat, everything becomes more shaped.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,626 Member
    Options
    You say you know you can't spot reduce, but thats exactly what you are asking how to do lol

eat in a deficit. the fat will come off where it wants to come off. usually where you want it to, is the last place.
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    You already answered your own question - you know you can't reduce. Therefore...you can't spot reduce. Full stop.

8wywvfwhu9yp.jpg