Getting hate since losing weight :(

Options
Angellapearce
Angellapearce Posts: 1 Member
Hi guys!

Im a mom of two and I really wanted to change my life. Ive had history of ED and lots of bad habits with food and exercise. 5 months ago i decided to do weight lifting and its lotteraly keeping me sane. But since i made the transformation, i am actually getting more hate then support. Its like everyone was so supportive when i was fatter, but now its getting too much? Almost makes me think they never believed i could do it anyway. Anyway, hoping i find more support here 💪🏻 How do you guys deal with these comments and stuff?

Photo of my transformation :)
14x3lkap0tbf.jpg

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options
    I tend to cut people (friends, family, strangers) out of my life if I find them not providing a positive influence.

You look good 👍 Ignore the noise.
  • Xellercin
    Xellercin Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    I don't let people speak to me that way, and if they insist on doing so, I don't associate with them.

The world is filled with decent, caring people, don't waste your time with those who don't actually want the best for you.
  • cupcakesandproteinshakes
    Options
    Great work. People are jealous. I just filter out the haters.
  • alexandramosenson
    alexandramosenson Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    This is more common than you think. I also got tons of hate. Ignore them all. I know it could be tough if they’re your family but maybe respond with something like ‘oh thank you for your suggestion/point of view. I’ll take that into consideration’. And that’s it.
  • greenpool
    greenpool Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This is an amazing result!

Some people can be supportive on the surface although they don't actually believe you can do it.
    This is usually becuase they can't see themselves doing it. So when it does happen, their defense is to reject what has happened and react in a negative way.

If it was me, depending on how close I am to them, I would I either give them the benefit of the doubt and talk to them first to make it clear that they are being toxic or distance myself from then after some hints.
  • makinlifehappen
    makinlifehappen Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    The saying goes "those that matter don't mind, and those that mind don't matter".

Your look great. Keep it up!!
  • slade51
    slade51 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Do what works for you. Ignore the haters and find some positive friends. You’re doing great.
  • jamieyoneal
    jamieyoneal Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You are inspiring to those who want to be inspired! For those who are negative, let them know it wasn't easy, but encourage them to try something (maybe not health related) that seems too difficult. Maybe they just don't know HOW to be happy for you instead of threatened by their own insecurities.
    btw.... You are being awesome! Keep it up!
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Firstly well done on on your transformation

Out of curiosity is it more female friends who seem to begrudge your weight loss. My wife is great shape buts gets negative comments mainly from female work colleagues, where as if I bulk up or diet right down I always get positive comments from blokes at the gym, work customers etc
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I agree, your transformation is amazing. Hate is a self reflection. They can't do the work themselves and are jealous of what you have achieved. The way i work, i will not be friends with those who bring me down. My family i just tell them their opinion does not matter and I do what I want with my body.
  • ksmith965
    ksmith965 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I try to follow RuPaul's advice which is: If they aren't paying your bills then you pay them no mind -and- Don't put energy into anyone who isn't putting energy into you.
    Also, as others have said, hate is usually them seeing in you what they don't like about themselves.
    So keep living your best life!
  • capamericaag
    capamericaag Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Pisses me off that people hate because you had the guts and dedication to change just cut them out ur doing amazing . I feel sometimes people try to put me off getting ripped and fit but I guess it's because they can't do it . 💪💪💪
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Think people are just creatures of habit and hate change in general. In my experience the negative reactions go away after they get used to your new appearance and lifestyle. Most of my friends have remained and are even asking me about diet and exercise in private.
  • wheels1872
    wheels1872 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    You look incredible don’t let anyone get you down