That time of the month...

Options
What do you girls do to help you through that time of the month? I am in a bad mood this week. I am constantly fighting the munchies and am so bloated that I feel like I have gained back the 10 pounds I have worked so hard to lose. I haven't gained it all back of course but I certainly haven't lost any and according to the scale I may gave gained a couple of pounds (I am staying under my calorie limit but not as much as I usually do) I am hoping it is all water and once the bloating goes away I will see I have actually lost some this week after all. I am still exercising and drinking a ton of water but my body is holding on to it. Does anyone know any tricks to make it through? It will eventually end right??? Aaaahhh!

Replies

• awagz
    awagz Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem every month. I retain a bunch of water and generally gain 2-3 lbs. Once AF is gone, the weight comes back off and usually then some!
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    keep all munchies out of site! and i know it's not easy to do, but this is also the time you should exercise more. your metabolism is higher this time of month and if you completely stay OP you will lose more weight :)) keep lots of fruits in the fruit basket so your more likely to munch on those! :))
  • Victoriav99
    Victoriav99 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I've always been a binge eater around that time of month, but this month was TOTALLY different. I started eating WAY MORE FIBER. And My period starts in a couple days and have not felt the overwhelming desire to over eat. It's crazy and I love it. but in past months when it is that TOM I just give in :( and exercise a LOT and I make sure not to buy junk food or foods I know I will crave badly two weeks before.
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Cuss everyone out and eat lots of chocolate....works for me.
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    I find peppermint tea really helps me stop feeling so bloated.
    As for snacking i just try hard to resist sweet things and keep some low calorie snacks in.
    I tend to want more comforting food though like mash potato or cheesy chips lol. xx
  • jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I stick with tracking and exercise but generally avoid the scale during my TOM, because it just upsets me otherwise.
  • Frannswaz
    Frannswaz Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I've always been a binge eater around that time of month, but this month was TOTALLY different. I started eating WAY MORE FIBER. And My period starts in a couple days and have not felt the overwhelming desire to over eat. It's crazy and I love it. but in past months when it is that TOM I just give in :( and exercise a LOT and I make sure not to buy junk food or foods I know I will crave badly two weeks before.

I AGREE!
  • tyedyelady
    Options
    thank you for asking this question - I feel I can better prepare myself for this event by shopping in advance and going no where near a grocery store because i will no doubt cave when confronted with ALL that i'm craving....
  • starrstarr007
    Options
    It sounds crazy, but on the first day I start - I get up and do a great workout in the monring and then I do a 1 day fast (3 shakes) and warm lemon water in between. I can't say it is fun and you are really hungry, but then the next day everything tastes really good and I my cravings are totally gone. I also usually drop a pound or two. I have done this for the last 3 months and it has helped with my cravings, my bloating, my moodiness and my cramps. It is actually so good, it is on my calendar for the next 6 months and may just remain there. I plan ahead as you don't want to go to a dinner party that night. We are all different, but it certainly works for me...
  • amyschaefer
    Options
    I have three little kids so I have all this yumminess around me but I have been mostly good. I did have some Dr Pepper and some dark chocolate coffee beans the first day but did well the rest of the day. Such a test of my will power. Thanks for the pointers. Good to know my metabolism is going strong so I will keep up with my running and get through the next couple of days. I try to stay away from the scale but can't help myself! I will try more fiber next month although as a vegetarian I eat lots of veggies, fruit, and grains already. I think I'll try the peppermint tea too. Thanks ladies! I knew I wouldn't be the only one with this problem. Good to know I can make it through!
  • weelee87
    weelee87 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Ahhh, i just finished mine, think I was fairly successful. I excercised as much as I could and let myself have some chocolate but only sensible small amounts. I find that instead of sitting with a whole bar of chocolate, breaking up a portion of the bar into small bits helps me. I sit with a cup of tea n a little bowl of bite sized pieces of chocolate and it can last me nearly two hours :) (less than 100 calories) Then hide the rest of the bar somewhere for another day!