this weekend...

Options
i'm going to lake of the ozarks to see my fiance's dad and family. it's damion's sister's sixteenth birthday, so i know there's going to be all kinds of sugary deliciousness that i so don't need. after weighing myself today and seeing that i LOST two pounds i felt so awesome, then realized it was friday. weekends suck for me horribly. i don't want to turn back, i don't want to fail, i don't want to lose control. help? :/

Replies

• FitBridget
    FitBridget Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    When faced with sugary deliciousness that I really really want, I split a dessert with my boyfriend. He eats super fast, and I made a point to take teeny tiny bites and savor them slowly, so that by the time the dessert is finished, I've dipped my fork into it maybe three times, and eaten only a tiny amount, but I feel satisfied. Also, if you can bring something, fruit salad makes an awesome dessert.

I find it best not to tell myself that I can't have that, because it just makes me binge. If I can't convince myself that I don't want it, or don't particularly like it, then I have a small piece and take my time and really enjoy every tiny bite so I feel decadent and satisfied rather than deprived.

Hope that helps! Good luck!
  • reinach31
    Options
    I am on the same boat!

Just plan your meals ..and try to exersice(walk or any activity to keep you busy) ... You don't want to come back on Monday and look back that you didn't try.
  • papa5280
    Options
    Don't know what the family dynamics are, but if you can, confide in a couple of key supporters at the event about your concerns. Ask them to help you navigate the minefields and maybe run interference against sugar pushers.

Stay strong! You own the power. The sugar doesn't. Laugh at the sugar and let it know that you're stronger than it!
  • alyssaVDL90
    Options
    Just remember that you should allow yourself to eat some of the things you crave!
    I give myself one day out of the week to eat freely, just smaller portions, and just work out extra hard the next day.
    Don't deprive yourself entirely of things you enjoy to eat, because that's setting yourself up to fail, give yourself a break every once in awhile, even if it's just special occasions.
  • Shastabugg1
    Options
    Of course these situations can be terribly tricky. You should never deprive yourself of any special outing or occasion dur to a lifestyle-not a diet. In most cases there are always some form of a healthier choice amoungst our enemies you could really test your will power and pick the healthiest choices but if your like me whose will power is rather weak then this is what I do. I drink about two bottled waters and have a small meal shortly before leaving. This in my opinion helps me feel full by the time I'm there which in turns rules out picking feverishly over all those sugary snacks. If when I get there and I decide I just have to have something I grab something I wouldn't normally eat otherwise simply because its ok to treat yourself ONCE IN AWHILE. Then try to rememeber your two pound loss and think of how awesome and proud u felt. Another tip is stay as far away from the food as possible mingle with everybody before you know it the celebration will be over and you'll be ready to go home to your safety net

Hope this helps hun keep up the great work!
  • justanotherteenagemom
    Options
    i'll be there all weekend though, might i add.
  • Shastabugg1
    Options
    All week hmmmm,
    So how about upon waking up do some light workouts then grab a buddy and go for a nice run/jog/brisk walk whichever is comfortable with you, just be sure to make healthy choices and to eat the "bad" in small doses and in moderation.
  • SaddyPants
    SaddyPants Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I second the sharing idea. My boyfriend and I always share if there is something "naughty" that we "shouldn't eat". That way we both get to have some but neither of us has too much.