How am I gaining weight on a strict liquid diet?

Options
Hello. So I’m on my 4th day of a strict diet. I have 3 shakes a day that are 250 calories. Each aswell as 2 coffees 72 calories each and then I eat fruit throughout the day but not an accessible amount maybe just like 1 bowl full then the rest is Water or sugar free juice. I’m definitely consuming under 1200 calories a day and probably even under 1000 calories. However I got on my scales today to find out I have gained weight? I’m so confused and upset. I’m literally not eating properly but gaining weight. I’m going to carry on until the end of the week see what happens but I expected to at least lost something :( any ideas or advice Thankyou. Also please some say this this diet is bad for me or a waste of time or anything else. Negative. Because my doctor recommens it to me and I have done it in the past and lost 4 stone. But this time it’s. Not working yet I’m doing the same. Thing
Tagged:

Replies

• nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Weight change over the course of a few days is easily water weight shifting. This could be due to stress, hormones or a # of other reasons. Has your doctor given you a timeline for following this strict way of eating? The best way to monitor weight loss is to look for a trend over a longer time period than a few days. And if you are female and menstruating, it may be best to compare monthly to eliminate the effects of your monthly cycle on water weight.
  • xx1chloe5xx
    xx1chloe5xx Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    @debrag12 3 stone are still off I gained 1 stone over lockdown Thankyou very much. It is and was a success I was just greedy when we wasn’t allowed to do anything in the word other than eat.
  • Xellercin
    Xellercin Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    4 days is nothing. My body weight can swing around like crazy over 4 days. It takes 3-6 weeks to see the effect of a new diet, closer to 6 for women.
  • natasor1
    natasor1 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Did you add up your drinks? I ve done it, What I got 4 shakes of 250 Equals 1000 cal, Two coffie cups of 72 cal equals 144 cal, Bowl of fruits...? how much, I just added 1 large apple 125 cal, Two Sugar-free glasses of juice (they have no sugar, but they very sweet with natural fructose) The total is 1419 cal.
    Everything is sweet and raise your glucose level to the sky, also, consequentlly raise your insulin level. With glucose and insuline elevated you never get any chance your fat to start burning. With such a liquid diet, you feel like you do not eat at all. Only drinking your calories you feel, not eating at all. The satiety feeling comes only when you chew your calories. You d better find some diet with no sweets, but chewable nutrient rich food, like meet, poultry, leafy greens, fish, healthy fats. Don t eat often, and leave some time for your glucose to drop.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    You are just guessing and not taking control. You say you're eating fruit throughout the day... and sugar free juices.. but are they natural juices with natural high calorie sugars? You most likely are drinking a lot of calories. Count and log your calories and start educating yourself on this site on fitness and health.

Perhaps you're on a liquid diet because you are dangerously overweight and need to lose some weight fast. I have no idea. But it sounds like a fad diet and could be dangerous unless under a doctor's care.

I always tell myself whenever I try to reduce my weight.. "How I lose it, is how I am going to have to maintain the loss." That keeps me on a healthy diet that includes foods I love so I can maintain the loss.