Are you on MFP & Grinding Everyday?

Options
If so please add me. I am looking for people who log food and workouts daily. It is so motivating to me! I hope we can be pals and support each other. I have 50lbs to lose and I’m doing it the slow and steady way. B)

Replies

• alexandramosenson
    alexandramosenson Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am on everyday. But I don't think of it as grinding. Controlling my food gives me release and pleasure knowing I am doing what's right for my body. Same with exercise.
  • Toneitup_jess
    Toneitup_jess Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    To each their own. Good luck on your journey. 💪
  • scored463
    scored463 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I grind every every day! Please add me and we can grind it out together!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,429 Member
    Options
    I log food and exercise most days, but I admit I skip a few now and then, in year 6+ of maintenance after losing weight back in 2015-16 . . . but I don't grind.

I admire people who have really strong, long term motivation and will power, but that's not me. I'm more a hedonistic aging hippie flaky type. Personally, I needed to find methods that were relatively easy, practical, and even enjoyable, or there's no way I could've hung in and stayed at a healthy weight as I have for 6+ years now (after around 30 previous years of overweight/obesity).

Different paths for different folks, though!

You might like joining one of the groups that posts over in the Challenges area - that's a good way to connect with like-minded people. Direct link here:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/challenges

Wishing you much success in reaching your goals!
  • Toneitup_jess
    Toneitup_jess Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I guess everyone has their own definition of grind. I just meant hard working people. I often add people that disappear after a week on MFP. I was just trying to avoid that.

I would definitely call you a grinder since you have been in maintenance so long! Well done.

Also, I am currently in the Biggest Loser Challenge which is awesome! I am trying to surround myself with hard working people as it is what motivates me the most.
  • josh250to180
    josh250to180 Posts: 32 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Yes, I am going to be on here everyday again. When I was at my lowest, I lived on two things: Bacon, and MFP. Then I stopped tracking and caring (usually centered around a girlfriend), and well...you know how that went. Got fat and lazy. I am a Fitbit user....going to be crushing the weights and training for a Spartan Race. I live in Fort Worth. I will be getting premium in a bit. Add me!