plateau

I have been losing weight but all of a sudden i am not losing. I have been counting my calories accurately and working out. but the scale is not going down.Any suggestions? I am getting discouraged and feeling like just going and ordering a cheese burger and fries.

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member
    Try raising your calorie intake for a day. But watch the sodium.
  • okay i will try it. thank you.
  • NOOOOOO!! Delia don't do the burger and fries! LOL don't sabotage your hard work sofar! Plateaus just mean you need to change something to kick start again - your body has gotten used to whatever you were doing and needs a rev up. Try swapping some of your foods around, change your workout routine, make some kind of change and keep at it - Plateaus are tough but if you can keep your mindset strong and reaffirm your goals you'll get through this :o) Big supportive hugs from NZ
  • For one day, have an egg white omelet for breakfast. Spinach and white fish for lunch and dinner, with a big green salad both lunch and dinner (no dressing...maybe salsa or lemon juice). Protein snacks between, like cottage cheese (with sugar free jello added, maybe?) or string cheese. The next day, weigh yourself... see if you've dropped a pound? Then go back to your regular diet of lean proteins and lots of green vegetables. Good luck!
  • thanks for the motivation. i will go to the gym this afternoon and really give it all i got. I will continue to work hard. thanks again.
  • SusanMcAvoy
    SusanMcAvoy Posts: 445 Member
    Please don't give up. I have hit several plateau's during my weight loss but eventually the weight starts to drop again. I find that extra exercise is the best way to stop the plateau quickly. Can you increase your exercise? Even if you don't, the weight will come off if you are staying within your guidlines,,,,, for most of us that being 1200 calories a day. Also, water, water, water!! Make sure you aren't eating too much sodium and are drinking plenty of water. I wish you the best of luck!!! Remember nothing tastes as good as skinny feels. :flowerforyou:
  • SaddyPants
    SaddyPants Posts: 152 Member
    I would order the cheeseburger and fries myself. It might be just what you need. :) It has definitely helped me a time or two.
  • thank you. i will step up my excercise and will try moving my foods around. Thank you so much. I wont give up :)
  • MsBaby117
    MsBaby117 Posts: 201 Member
    Plateaus usually mean your body is getting used to what you are currently doing...Try switching things up. Try different exercises. Stick to your calories but maybe have your heaviest meal early in the day. Just stick with your program and eventually you will see the scale begin to move again!! :happy: