140 @ 5'5"

Options
Ok, so everbody I know keeps telling me I'm crazy for losing weight and that I'm already skinny and blah blah blah. However, these people also think my weight is around 110-115. To anyone else that may think that being 140 at 5'5" isn't much...This is what it can look like....(the weight was mostly in my midsection, also)

101_0446-2.jpg

my profile pic is at 129 (I still have 9 lbs to UGW and most o that weight is in my thighs which isn't very visilbe in the pic)

So, to all the people that feel the need to tell others that they don't need to lose weight, remember that you may not be seeing WHERE that weight is. And to everyone that has been through a similar situation, don't listen to those kind of people :happy:

Replies

• wendyannvantiem
    wendyannvantiem Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I know I'm 5'7 and 153 and people think I'm lying when I tell them that's how much I weigh.I get told I don't need to loose weight either but I'm sick of my muffin top and love handles.
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Im 5'9 and 155 and ppl are saying Im getting to thin...umm if they've seen my stomach, and thigh's they'd think differently...Sadly we can't "spot lose" You have to be at a weight that makes YOU feel good...
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I still have my pooch and it sticks out the same and I'm at 125 @ 5'4....not sure if it will ever go away unless Im super strict or get a tummy tuck. Ah well I'm happy though overall :happy:
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Admittedly, I'm not "chubby" (5'6" and 112lbs), but it definitely bothers me when I get messages or comments from people telling me what my goals should be or how my body should look. My body is none of anyone else's business, and I think it's ugly when people assume they have a right to assert their ideals onto me.
  • teponey
    teponey Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I think some of those people are insecure about their own weight & a little envious that you are reaching your goals, for me, I chat away about weightloss to my online weightloss friends & dont mention anything to do with dieting to real life people who arnt supportive.
  • therealkittymao
    therealkittymao Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I know that your opinion of how you look is totally personal, and I support you in wanting to be healthy and firm up and everything but just for the record you look AWESOME! Girl, I would feel like a million dollars if my belly was that small (and it will be, I'm sure, about 30 pounds from now). But seriously, you look great. Give yourself some points. :)
  • iceey
    iceey Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I'm similar to you. I'm about 5'5 and 135ish. My goal really isn't about losing weight, it's about toning and being healthy. And losing a couple pounds should go along with that. I too have a belly that I want to go away. I hear the same people saying the same things.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I weight 145 and I'm 5'2". People guess I weight less. I want to lose fat and tone up. :) Fat looks heavier than muscle, so if you tone up that might make a ll the difference
  • Ashley121205
    Ashley121205 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I hear you. Today my Gram said I was getting too skinny and I'm at 176. She said I look 150. I said thanks but then I'm thinking when I lose 26 pounds because that's really where I want to be for now she's probably going to think I've gone too far. But that's the weight I was most comfortable with. I know after 4 babies that where I was at before probably won't look the same but I'm trying. You do look amazing btw. Keep up the great work :)
  • DeBiKin
    DeBiKin Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    How 'bout when its a man looking you up and down and saying, "Your proportions are great, you don't need to lose weight"? (Creepy) I'm not showing some guy where my excess weight is!
    I think that as more and more of us became obese (including myself for a time) that overweight is the new sexy (as compared to obese), I don't know. To any ladies who may not like that I am (literally) working my @$$ off to be healthy (for me and my own husband), I don't remember making a "fat pact" with you! :-)
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I hate hearing I don't need to lose weight. Hello, I know where I'm comfortable.. but at the same time I gotta remember not to say these things around girls who are bigger than me also, because it's a little insensitive I guess (just talking about myself here). I totally agree with you.
  • killerqueen17
    killerqueen17 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I get the same thing... I'm 5'5.5" and currently at 142 lbs. People don't really think I need to lose... However, all my life, I was naturally about 115 (until about a year ago when I suddenly started gaining).

I've just always been a really lean person. When I gained, it went mostly to my stomach, which I just despise... and I also have lost a lot of my strength, endurance, and flexibility.

So, while my height and weight may be excellent for someone else who is proportioned differently and who is more physically fit, for me it's not very good.