Bodybuilding

Options
mhinson152
mhinson152 Posts: 3 Member
Anyone here bodybuilding??? Any good physiques here??? Trying to figure out the app and all it has to offer before I pay.

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,198 Member
    Options
    I think there are current bodybuilders, certainly some former competitors. They typically hang out over in the Gaining Weight and Body Building part of the Community, direct link here:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/goal-gaining-weight

The area where you've posted is mostly for posting about controversial topics people want to argue about, and bodybuilding isn't AFAIK controversial, so you might want to post in that other area to see if you can connect with other bodybuilders, or you can use the "flag" option, then "report" to ask the moderators to move your post there, if you prefer.

To try to answer your question: MFP is good for tracking calories and nutrition, though only macronutrients plu some of the micronutrients (loosely, the ones that are on product labels under US labeling laws). It doesn't have great support for keeping track of details of strength workouts (reps/sets/etc.) - there are more robust apps for that, though MFP will let you do some very basic things in that realm.

The free version has pretty robust features, so if you want mostly nutrition tracking, you may find that the free version has what you really need without paying. The premium version gives you a bit more fine-grained control over macronutrient and calorie goals, like varying by day of the week, or macros by gram. The free version lets you set up eating/nutrition goals, but they apply to all days going forward, and macros can only be set in percents, in 5% increments. Maybe that will give you some basic idea?

Lots of people just use the free version.

Truth in advertising: I'm not a bodybuilder. I'm a li'l ol' lady.

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,910 Member
    Options
    Pay? I'm doing just fine on the free version. I find the app annoying - desktop doesn't have all those promos for the paid version, and has many other benefits as well. There are some advantages to the app - that's what I use when I'm looking up a recipe I created.
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    I've done a couple BB shows in the past; I never used the paid/premium version of MFP during prep, only the freebie.
  • cupcakesandproteinshakes
    Options
    I use the free version cos I’m a skin flint. My physique is pretty cool. That’s Nothing to do with mfp though!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    Competed in the 80's and have kept my physique up drug free for years. Also have prepped a few people for shows. Welcome.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    No... no good physiques here :laugh:
  • jlhflex
    jlhflex Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Yep. BB here also. I dont use the App as much as Id like but it is a very useful tool. Sometimes you will find out just how little you are eating compared to what you need to be,
  • Justin_7272
    Justin_7272 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    It's a calorie tracking app, and a good one at that. As far as a bodybuilding app, you are going to want something to track lifts, workouts, measurements, etc. (I recommend JeFit, but depends on what you're looking for).