Introducing myself

Options
Today is a day of new beginnings for me. I'm Denise in Houston area. Grandmother of 4 and mother of 4. 63 years young and overweight. Have signed up to walk a marathon next January 2023. Need to lose a little less than 100 lbs. need all the support and help i can get.

Replies

• Betty
    Betty Posts: 8,840 MFP Staff
    Options
    Welcome to the MyFitnessPal Community! Congrats on signing up for a marathon next year. That should be some great motivation to get moving this year.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,451 Member
    Options
    Welcome to mfp Denise. Thats a great goal to look towards. Wishing you luck with your weight goal, put your stats in and away you go.. mfp does work. 🙂
  • rungirlrun500
    rungirlrun500 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi Denise! I am in the Houston area as well. Welcome!!! Good luck to you in reaching your goals!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,639 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Denise!

One of the best plans I heard was from a woman who started by walking to the mailbox, then mailbox + next mailbox, then added a telephone pole, then another. She could barely get out the front door when she began and now walks several miles per day.

Also set a calorie goal, weigh your food and log.

I walked and did yoga for years and didn’t lose weight because I had absolutely no concept that walking a couple miles didn’t burn that bag of Oreos, or that half a Publix carrot cake bar. Logging was eye opening for me.