Energy

Options
I don't have the energy it takes to workout. I'm eating great! Food preparation, calorie counting and mindful snacking. I just can't get moving

Replies

• shilpakapoorohri
    shilpakapoorohri Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty much the same and. this time. just decided to make peace with it..am working on my diet..have. lost nearly 12 kilos since September..diet alone...plan to continue till another 13 kilos are gone
  • Onedaywriter
    Onedaywriter Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I agree with the comments above (especially that exercise has its own benefits but is not necessary for weight loss) but want to just add for clarity- it seems like maybe you just don’t like your own idea of a “workout.”

Try doing something you enjoy that involves moving your body. Could be dancing, walking while listening to a podcast, kicking or throwing a ball with a kid, shooting hoops etc. or it could also be weightlifting, running, cycling etc.

I sometimes get into a grind when I’m training for an event. I did my first marathon this past November and found myself procrastinating my training runs for hours sometimes. I guess I could have interpreted that as not having the energy those days, but in almost all cases I was simply sick and tired of running lol! I’m not as dedicated to a specific “workout” as many folks and really have to mix things up.

Too many people think a workout MUST involve a gym or barbells or run or whatever. Just do something (anything) you consider fun that gets you moving!! Could be golf today, dancing tomorrow and tennis the next.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,303 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others, if it's something you enjoy, you'll want to do it. After awhile when I started I WANTED to do more. Many do NOT call it "exercise" and we never did called it "exercise" when we were kids, out riding our bikes, playing games, it was called PLAY and for many just changing that word to a positive is what helps the most.

I am a leader on the 2022 Winter 5% Challenge. We work on healthy habits which it sounds like you are doing (HEY WTG!!) and we also encourage each other to play (Not using that "other" word on purpose!) because as a group on days we do NOT FEEL Like moving, we'll do it to be supportive of our team. It doesn't have to be much, even 10 mins a day or less than daily (but at the 10 mins in a row) in order to support your team. BEST of all we all need and GET the support. Here's what the 2022 Winter 5% Challenge is about:

Join this supportive team and let's have fun as we lose 5% of our weight, make new friends and improve our health! Race to Fascinating Places for 8 Weeks. JOIN us to write your own success story! Start date Saturday January 8th, 2022! What a great way to start the New Year.
    Here's the link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/141880-2022-winter-5-challenge-community
  • ash1864
    ash1864 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Start by doing something gentle and build it up. Perhaps swimming or walking? :)
  • kelly101386
    kelly101386 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    As stated, do gentle exercises and build it up. I used to do weight training with a personal trainer before I had my back injury. He recommended the best thing before a good work out was a nice big cup of coffee but obviously that doesn't work for everyone. He definitely didn't believe in the whole carb loading thing like some. Everyone works at their own pace!
  • californiagirl1969
    californiagirl1969 Posts: 50 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Congratulations on what you're currently doing that is a success..

And do what you can do.and you seem to be doing that.

I hear you my days are jammed packed as a stay at home round the clock caregiver to my parent and I cook, clean and try to maintain myself and help family member with her little ones as I can, run errands, chores entirely to busy then exhausted for traditional exercise even though I have the equipment.

When I can get my.mom out the house on nice days, I walk the neighborhood to the park and walk short laps pushing her wheelchair. I jump rope and ride my exercise bike. It's so rare though because of all the other things I have to do in my day.

I've lost 48 lbs majority by diet alone. I have 30 more lbs to lose and I need to tone my body and exercise is really crucial at this point.

Build small increments of exercise into your life 10 minutes at a time and build on that. You can do it.💪🏃‍♀️🏄‍♀️🏌‍♀️⛷🏊‍♀️⛹🚴‍♀️🤸
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    As stated, do gentle exercises and build it up. I used to do weight training with a personal trainer before I had my back injury. He recommended the best thing before a good work out was a nice big cup of coffee but obviously that doesn't work for everyone. He definitely didn't believe in the whole carb loading thing like some. Everyone works at their own pace!

Carb loading is typically an endurance athlete thing...like running a marathon or riding a century...not a session in the weight room. This is because you want your body fully topped off with glycogen for a long distance endurance event as you will burn through it during the event (which is also why endurance athletes carry gels and whatnot). You don't want to bonk riding a century...you aren't going to bonk with an hour in the weight room. Carb loading is something that is typically done 2-3 days before an endurance event.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,291 Member
    Options
    Give this a try: just start moving... walking down and around the street. I read once..that if you feel low energy getting up and walking will give you more energy.. and it is true. It works. Start with a ten minute walk and build from there. I find.. I like walking or exercising right after I eat so have fuel in my system and I always eat a small portion of a complex carb so I have that for fuel.