I'm back again...and again...and again....

Options
I've once again repeated the pattern of falling off the wagon and MFP. It's been a while but here I am once again and back up to the heaviest I've been in my life.

I'm 41 and I'm not getting any younger. I've been struggling to get to a healthy weight since I was a child and I'm not sure why I can't stay with it for longer than a few months. Let's go 2022.

Feel free to add me on here or follow me on IG @fatguy_fitness

Replies

• JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    What's the saying about falling 7 times....yeah, as long as you get up 8 times, you're winning.

Everyone makes mistakes. Get yourself up, dust yourself off, and get back on it :) you got this!
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 2,000 Member
    Options
    Getting back to it while recognizing the patterns is the only way to win. 43 myself and back on my own wagon. Going into my "okay, time to get back to this" process was recognizing where my biggest struggles in longer term goals takes place, and finding a good solution.

Was listening to a podcast I follow, going through older episodes, and he (Andy Frisella) talked about "Win the Day." It was taking something I kind of already knew, but putting a few more parameters around it, and more specifics. I've started doing that and it makes it a lot easier to help me stay focused since I really only need to focus for a little bit first thing when I set up my critical tasks for the day. I have my own strategy for what those tasks include, but rather than focusing on the "impossible" goal of finally getting to my long-lost goal weight, instead, I just focus on "winning" today and what I chose as critical tasks for this day.

I'm choosing 5 tasks a day - 1 around food, 1 around fitness, 1 around focus (meditation/visualization right now), 1 around career, and 1 other depending on the day. The idea is these are things you can accomplish that day, so you can go to bed knowing you "won" today.

The end goal being taking those tiny steps every-single-day that will make us reach our long term/big/"impossible" goals, rather than trying to bite off "I will track my food indefinitely until I reach a weight I haven't hit in years....." (aka, [you] probably won't finish it this time, either - at least in my case).
  • fatguy_fitness
    fatguy_fitness Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Getting back to it while recognizing the patterns is the only way to win. 43 myself and back on my own wagon. Going into my "okay, time to get back to this" process was recognizing where my biggest struggles in longer term goals takes place, and finding a good solution.

Was listening to a podcast I follow, going through older episodes, and he (Andy Frisella) talked about "Win the Day." It was taking something I kind of already knew, but putting a few more parameters around it, and more specifics. I've started doing that and it makes it a lot easier to help me stay focused since I really only need to focus for a little bit first thing when I set up my critical tasks for the day. I have my own strategy for what those tasks include, but rather than focusing on the "impossible" goal of finally getting to my long-lost goal weight, instead, I just focus on "winning" today and what I chose as critical tasks for this day.

I'm choosing 5 tasks a day - 1 around food, 1 around fitness, 1 around focus (meditation/visualization right now), 1 around career, and 1 other depending on the day. The idea is these are things you can accomplish that day, so you can go to bed knowing you "won" today.

The end goal being taking those tiny steps every-single-day that will make us reach our long term/big/"impossible" goals, rather than trying to bite off "I will track my food indefinitely until I reach a weight I haven't hit in years....." (aka, [you] probably won't finish it this time, either - at least in my case).

Thanks really a great idea. I"ll have to look up that podcast and try to find it. Thank you!
  • robburry582
    robburry582 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me I’m looking for new ideas and friends