What's a healthy weight?

Options
I get so confused because there are so many different ranges of what a "healthy weight" is. I understand that I may be at a "healthy weight", that doesn't mean I'm at my optimal weight. I'm 5'3" and weigh 128lbs. This is considered a "healthy weight", but my optimal weight should be more like 120lbs. If I'm considered at a healthy weight already, I've been told that it will be a lot harder for me to get to my optimal weight. So how can I acheive this without dieting like mad for years before I reach my optimal weight?
What can I focus on to reach that optimal weight? How long will it take?

Replies

• channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Your healthy weight is 126. Your recommended weight range is between 112 and 140 pounds.
  • Expatgirl
    Expatgirl Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I looked up the military age/weight/height standards. They include fitness standards for men and women according to age. My first goal is to be at the minimum standard for the Army. I'm not in the military nor planning to join I just found it to be a GREAT motivator for me. I want to be able to say I'm Army fit.
    http://www.military.com/Recruiting/Content/0,13898,rec_step07_hw_army,,00.html

Smiles to you.... Keep up the positive flow!