stretching

Options
So I admit, I am very bad at stretching. I hate it....before working out I just want to get my work out done with already, and afterward I just want to plop down or take a shower. So, I pretty much never stretch:embarassed:

Lately I have noticed I get A LOT of muscle spasms. In my legs in different spots, my arms, even my tummy. They drive me nuts....could this be from my lack of stretching?:grumble:

Replies

• amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    So I admit, I am very bad at stretching. I hate it....before working out I just want to get my work out done with already, and afterward I just want to plop down or take a shower. So, I pretty much never stretch:embarassed:

Lately I have noticed I get A LOT of muscle spasms. In my legs in different spots, my arms, even my tummy. They drive me nuts....could this be from my lack of stretching?:grumble:
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    It is usually from lack of electrolytes or salts in the body. With your sweat, you get rid of them fast. They need to be replenished with the water. That is what Gatorade is based on. However, it tends to be more calories than most of us need. Other sources are:

Diluting Gatorade or buy a low cal version
    Lemonade
    Emergen-C

I am sure there are others but those are the ones I use.
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I've heard it said that stretching helps release the lactic acid built up in the muscles. So, probably. Maybe. Not real sure. Hopefully someone who knows more, like Banks or Songbirdsweet will see this. I would try some basic stretches and see if that helps - also potassium helps with muscle cramps. Good luck!
  • raelee
    raelee Posts: 10
    Options
    Absolutely!
    Please stretch, your entire body will thank you and stretching lengthens your muscles, making them leaner and meaner!!:bigsmile: