Unfriending glitch

Options
savannahs21
savannahs21 Posts: 364 Member
I unfriended a person but i still see them on my timeline. I also removed them from my timeline but they are still showing up. What can I do?

Best Answer

• durden
    durden Posts: 3,183 MFP Staff
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Sorry for the inconvenience; This is a known issue our tech team is aware of and working on at this time.

Answers

• SunSetTraveler
    SunSetTraveler Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am having the same issue..I tried to research it not much help..its annoying every time you sign you have to delete other people's status
  • Legs_McGee23
    Legs_McGee23 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I am also having this problem. It's like I'm being haunted....
  • inkkitten
    inkkitten Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How to I remove random people from my newsfeed?
    I’m getting multiple updates a day from someone I don’t even know. They aren’t on my friends list as my friends list in empty and my profile is completely private.
    I’ve tried to hide their posts from my feed by pressing the X on their posts but the posts just keep coming back.
  • savannahs21
    Options
    @inkkitten I guess its impossible. Hope they actually fix the problem.
  • JenKindo
    JenKindo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Any updates? I have one person who seems to have an ED in my feed and I'd rather not watch it happen.

Thank you for working on this!
  • savannahs21
    Options
    @JenKindo Nothing has changed for me. The same person I unfriended is still showing up on my feed.
  • DNjoys
    DNjoys Posts: 7,305 Member
    Options
    It's been almost 2 weeks since I went through my friend's list and unfriended many. Not because I don't like them but because I need to de-clutter my newsfeed so I have time to read all the posts of my current team members. I am limiting my friends to a few real friends, a few leaders and current team members which changes 4 times a year. But not only are the unfriended still in my newsfeed, I now can't interact with them by commenting or liking. It's worse than it was before. I hope you fix this soon. If I unfriended someone because they creeped me out or that I needed privacy from, this would be a deal breaker and I'd immediately and permanently leave this site! Because I'm assuming if I can still see them, they can still see me! This HAS to be fixed and soon.
  • JenKindo
    JenKindo Posts: 418 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    It looks like it is fixed for me. No longer see a couple I unfriended and new people's stuff is showing up now. @durden, please thank the tech team!
This discussion has been closed.