1st restaurant outing

Options
I am about to go to dinner with my family at a hometown restaurant. I am thinking baked fish and a veggie is a good choice. What do you think? I'm very nervous since this will be my first restaurant outing since my new plan. Any suggestions or tips?

Replies

• BeverageTreats
    BeverageTreats Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a most excellent choice. Watch out for sauces and free bread. And enjoy!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Sounds delish! And a perfect healthy alternative while eating out. :) Good luck!
  • Mrsjenningsjr
    Mrsjenningsjr Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Drink 2 glasses of water before you start eating (a total of 12-16oz). And definitely start with a salad...watch the dressing. And absolutely don't skip dessert. Even if that means you get a doggy bag for your food. Let us know how you did...
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever you want. Just eat half of your meal. Most places give you more than a serving. It's all about serving sizes. Eat half and take the other half home to enjoy as another meal later.
  • kassied09
    Options
    You gotta let yourself have what you want once in a while...restaurant food may be scary but delicious! Water is a good friend, gets you much fuller faster. Fish is definitely a good choice. That or a chicken salad :D
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever you want. Just eat half of your meal. Most places give you more than a serving. It's all about serving sizes. Eat half and take the other half home to enjoy as another meal later.

This ^ Get to enjoy it twice! How awesome is that?
  • philOHIO
    philOHIO Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    If it is a chain restaurant, most have calorie counts online. Otherwise, I would just use my judgement.