30 Day Shred Challenge

Options
Hello all MFP I have decided to start a 30 Day Shred Challenge. This will help keep me motivated to complete this challenge within the next 30 days. I have seen other members who have done the 30DS and they have had some amazing results so I have decided to give it a try. I have had Jillian Michaels 30DS for over a year. I did it for 3 days once I received it and then tossed it aside saying to myself that there was no way I could do this for 30 days. Well there is no more I can’t in my vocabulary. I plan on doing it to the end this time. So my question to everyone is, are you with me?
The challenge began yesterday. I took measurements and before photos. Please feel free to join my challenge even if you have already started it. Post your comments on how it’s going from day to day. Share words of encouragement to your fellow members to help them get through the 30 days.
At the end of the 30 days we can share our before and after photos and measurement loss success.
If you don’t have the 30DS you can purchase it at your local Wal-Mart for only $10.00 or if you have On Demand you can get it free.
So I say again who is joining the 30 Day Shred party with me.

Replies

• littlequinns
    littlequinns Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    How many days a week do you plan on doing it?
  • FunSizedK
    FunSizedK Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I will join I am on day 5 though!
  • wutamunkee
    wutamunkee Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I am on day 4 level 2... YOU CAN DO THIS...

at

https://www.jillianmichaels.com/register.aspx?promo=2318AD50-022C-43FA-87A8-55F1A8BD38CD&np=1&gclid=CImSxYmDnqsCFUoC2godVnqWjQ

you can get Shred it with weights AND the 30DS for $4.95 shipping ONLY... just in case anyone doesnt have it yet.
  • Victoria141090
    Options
    I would love to join you! Took measurements and am on day 3 so will finish close to you. Gosh I am so sore though! After the first day my legs and stomach went stiff! They still are lol What weights are people using for it?
  • blue4myeyes
    blue4myeyes Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I started 2 days ago (9/14 was my day 1...today will be day 3 after work). I plan to do it every day until I have reached day 30. That should, coincidentally enough, be the day before I leave for Hawaii. I am hoping for some BIG results. I also plan to add in some cardio at least a few days a week. I also took pics and measurements and I will share at the end of the month.

Good luck with the program and great idea starting this thread!! :)
  • blue4myeyes
    Options
    I would love to join you! Took measurements and am on day 3 so will finish close to you. Gosh I am so sore though! After the first day my legs and stomach went stiff! They still are lol What weights are people using for it?

Yay! We are on the same day!! I am using 2 pound weights. What about you?

Oh, and after day 1 I was like oh, I am cool. This morning though, after day 2, I feel like I got hit by a truck!! I am sore EVERYWHERE!!!
  • Victoria141090
    Options
    Yay! We are on the same day!! I am using 2 pound weights. What about you?

Oh, and after day 1 I was like oh, I am cool. This morning though, after day 2, I feel like I got hit by a truck!! I am sore EVERYWHERE!!!

Awesome! We should finish the same time :D I love that your doing it for your trip to Hawaii, I'm doing it for my birthday. It's my 21st the day you leave ;)

Oh yeah I ache too! But It's supposed to happen, the muscles should feel sore because of the strain so I'm looking forward to the results. I don't feel it on my arms though but I'm using 1.1kg which is about 2.5lbs I think. Not sure whether to up it to feel a 'burn' or just keep at it. What do you think?
  • easfahl
    easfahl Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I just got mine yesterday and need to pick up some small weights tonight. I'm so excited that I'm gonna start tonight!
  • jellybean1971
    jellybean1971 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Im in starting tomorrow
  • jennyph2006
    jennyph2006 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    im in!!!
  • limex
    limex Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm on day 3 today. After day 1 I was so sore, but today I feel great! I already feel stronger, and I noticed even on day 2 that I was doing better than day 1. Can't wait to see the results on day 30.
  • blue4myeyes
    Options
    Awesome! We should finish the same time :D I love that your doing it for your trip to Hawaii, I'm doing it for my birthday. It's my 21st the day you leave ;)

Oh yeah I ache too! But It's supposed to happen, the muscles should feel sore because of the strain so I'm looking forward to the results. I don't feel it on my arms though but I'm using 1.1kg which is about 2.5lbs I think. Not sure whether to up it to feel a 'burn' or just keep at it. What do you think?

oh how awesome! my bday is the 16th ;) we are two peas in a pod haha

for me, the weights don't feel heavy while i am doing it. and honestly, my arms are a bit sore but i really feel it in my upper back muscles. i would try a bit heavier and see how you do. i read that they use 5 lbs in the video -- not sure if that is true or not? but i have shoulder issues so i wanted to keep it low. i may up it to 3 pounds next week and see how i feel, though. lmk what you decide and how if feels or impacts the workout!!
  • Victoria141090
    Options
    oh how awesome! my bday is the 16th ;) we are two peas in a pod haha

for me, the weights don't feel heavy while i am doing it. and honestly, my arms are a bit sore but i really feel it in my upper back muscles. i would try a bit heavier and see how you do. i read that they use 5 lbs in the video -- not sure if that is true or not? but i have shoulder issues so i wanted to keep it low. i may up it to 3 pounds next week and see how i feel, though. lmk what you decide and how if feels or impacts the workout!!

Haha Twins! Well almost, I wish I was off to Hawaii too ;)

Ahh so the trick might be heavier weights, I can't feel anything at the mo. I'm going to go get some 2kg weights tomorrow, that's about 5lbs I think so I'll let you know. 2lbs is good for rehabilitation then? I might have to drop mine back down when I start level 2 lol I've heard it's rough.

Will other people please post the weight's your using? I think it will be really interesting to see if different weights affect inches lost. :D
  • Suzymo3
    Suzymo3 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    bump! i am interested to hear what weights people are using. Am planning on starting in October
  • jlm962
    Options
    Hey! I started today! :)
  • jellybean1971
    jellybean1971 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I'm also wondering what a good weight would be to start with.
  • Mswife09
    Mswife09 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I started today and tried it yesterday first and yes I feel like I got hit by a truck!
  • Victoria141090
    Options
    At least it gets easier lol I'm on day 4 now and can so notice the difference whilst doing it! My endurance has gone up and I'm so less sore compared to yesterday :D I actually think I might be able to make it till level 2 now. Still not happy with the 1kg weights though :( Anyone got any ideas? :D
  • Victoria141090
    Options
    Hiya!

How are y'all doing?
  • Victoria141090
    Options
    Oooh 2kg weights work :D