Successfully recovered from my Brownie issues

Maybe this success is too small to put here, but I get crazy cravings for specific things sometimes. It's usually not an issue, but when it's brownies it always flips my fitness world upside down.

For like 2-4 days or so I went nuts eating brownies. Eat me guilt free protein brownies, low calorie thin slim brownies, and then, finally, as the insanity continued, I found some REAL brownies at a local deli.

Cheesecake brownies, full fat, full sugar, fudgey, decadent, and cut big enough for two people. I had like 5, because brownies make me lose my mind.

It wasn't until I ate the real brownies that the cravings subsided and I could eat like a normal person again.

Today was the first day since then that my weight is under the pre-brownie escapade. Feels good man. The important part is that I never once got mad at myself. I just let it happen, and let myself enjoy the indulgence as it happened, knowing it wasn't permanent.

8HPLXHE.png

Happy New Year!

Replies

• LorieJCall
    LorieJCall Posts: 10 Member
    So for your next “Brownie Night of the Soul” are you stopping off at the deli?
  • dontlikepeople
    dontlikepeople Posts: 132 Member
    LorieJCall wrote: »
    So for your next “Brownie Night of the Soul” are you stopping off at the deli?

I think I'm going to go a step further and go to a bakery. This happens to me once or twice a year, and I have no idea why. I get these crazy strong cravings and there can be no substitute!
  • dontlikepeople
    dralicephd wrote: »
    Love the "brownies" on the graph. :D

I get it. I did this over the New Year's weekend with a cake my aunt made. It was a European style yellow cake covered in chocolate and coconut. Somebody.... ok, it was me... got the idea to cut each piece in half and add Nutella as a filling. Delicious! I ate a ton and have a weight graph with a lump, just like yours. I've recovered completely too.

High five!

Nutella is so dangerous 😂
  • AngWBald
    AngWBald Posts: 59 Member
    edited January 2022
    Oh Boy! You would have really loved my brownies I made for Christmas. My daughter has an awesome brownie recipe. She wasn't around so it was up to me to make them. I misread the measurement for the chocolate powder. I added a little too much and it made the mixture a little dry. So, what to do? I think I added 2 tablespoons of Heavy Whipping Cream into the mixture. OH MY GOODNESS! It was ALL GOOD! I failed to mention I added mini chocolate chips in the mixture. I hope this doesn't get you back on your Brownie issues. You are doing really great getting back to weight loss.
  • AngWBald
    AngWBald Posts: 59 Member
    dralicephd wrote: »
    Love the "brownies" on the graph. :D

I get it. I did this over the New Year's weekend with a cake my aunt made. It was a European style yellow cake covered in chocolate and coconut. Somebody.... ok, it was me... got the idea to cut each piece in half and add Nutella as a filling. Delicious! I ate a ton and have a weight graph with a lump, just like yours. I've recovered completely too.

High five!

Nutella is so dangerous 😂

I agree! Nutella is so dangerous! I know someone who makes sugar cookies with a Nutella swirl. She rolls out the sugar dough, spreads the Nutella on the dough, then rolls it into a log, refrigerates it overnight, cuts them into cookies, then bakes them. She gave me the recipe, but I've never made them, because my house would no longer be safe to live in! They are to die for!!
  • mbarkitek
    mbarkitek Posts: 27 Member
    i freakin love the graph with the "brownie bar"
  • dralicephd
    dralicephd Posts: 401 Member
    AngWBald wrote: »

I agree! Nutella is so dangerous! I know someone who makes sugar cookies with a Nutella swirl. She rolls out the sugar dough, spreads the Nutella on the dough, then rolls it into a log, refrigerates it overnight, cuts them into cookies, then bakes them. She gave me the recipe, but I've never made them, because my house would no longer be safe to live in! They are to die for!!

oooooo.... You will have to remind everyone of this recipe next Christmas. This sounds like a serious upgrade to the typical sugar cookies!! :smiley:
  • FABRICWOMAN
    FABRICWOMAN Posts: 539 Member
    Love the red bar also. How do you do that? I also fell down the rabbit hole between Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. No guilt, just put my big girl panties back on and have been on track ever since.
  • dontlikepeople
    @FABRICWOMAN I added it in paint.

@AngWBald That is a great idea. I saw similar ideas with both cream cheese and peanut butter variations for making cookies. This would technically work with any cookie dough. :yum:

Thankfully I'm not much of a sweets person, and my sweets cravings are pretty much relegated to brownies only and only on occasion. However, smothering a brownie in nutella sounds like a good time for the future lol.
  • sunrise611
    sunrise611 Posts: 1,849 Member
    So, you don't like people but you LOVE brownies. I can relate to loving brownies and have to control myself or I could easily binge as well.

Love the chart. Looks like your sense of humor carried you through the wild streak. You survived and will go back to your regularly scheduled program. : )
  • TX_Bluebonnet
    TX_Bluebonnet Posts: 244 Member
    edited January 2022
    My favorite brownies have always been from a box mix, the type where you add oil and egg. So much cheaper than from a deli. Also, I bake them in a cupcake tin instead of a baking pan because my favorite part is the chewy/crunchy edges, plus they're then in individual serving sizes. Adding brownie mix to my shopping list now. :tongue:

ETA: p.s. Congrats on getting back on track!! (I temporarily, selfishly was only thinking about brownies there for a moment.)
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    this is as much a success story as the other 100+ lb lost ones, atleast imo. Bravo!
  • Lolinloggen
    Lolinloggen Posts: 463 Member
    Occasionally I have those weird cravings as well. Pancakes smothered in maple syrup or like you brownies or lots and lots of peanut butter.
    I have taught myself that if that happens to postpone it to a weekend - usually it then either subsides or I give in all the way, to that one food only and only once.
    95% of the time that is enough and then I am ok for months at a time again.
  • cinnimongirl
    cinnimongirl Posts: 3 Member
    :o
  • dontlikepeople
    this is as much a success story as the other 100+ lb lost ones, atleast imo. Bravo!

I'm actually down 95lbs recently as well lol, but I'm more impressed with my brownies not completely breaking me off track.
    Occasionally I have those weird cravings as well. Pancakes smothered in maple syrup or like you brownies or lots and lots of peanut butter.

My other weird cravings are deep fried fish and a milk shake, or deep fried chicken sandwich with pickles. When I get these cravings they are basically all I can think about until I have them. I sometimes get that urge for peanut butter too, that stuff is so good. Usually my cravings are very managable, but brownies make me go insane. I don't eat sweets often, and when I do it's like letting an animal out of a cage. Otherwise like you, I can have fried fish and milk shake one time, and then just move on.

:o

LOL yes.
  • dralicephd
    dralicephd Posts: 401 Member
    Cravings are so weird. I usually just crave salty, crunchy stuff like tortilla chips, crackers, or cheese puffs. I found some rice cakes that are pretty low calorie that help with that, but sometimes I just need to break down and eat some real chips. The Late July Nacho Chipotle chips had to be banished from the house for awhile when I first started losing weight. I couldn't stick to a single serving. I think I could now. Maybe. I don't know, they still aren't in the house. haha... On the other hand, Luke's Cheddar Clouds are so light that a serving fills half your plate and is 130 calories. I can usually keep control for those.

• LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 842 Member
    Congratulations on beating the craving! I have a few weird foods like that too and they're so tough to get over when I'm craving them
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!