Surprise deli sandwich

Options
So my husband surprises me with a deli sandwich.

There is a little place in Sonoma that we like and he was out there for the day so he though he was bringing me a treat.

They're known for theur fabulous french bread.

And I'm all irritated because my lunch was already all mapped out and dinner too so I was going to eat it and throw in the towel for the day.

But I plugged it into to food diary and you know what?

It was only 20 calories more than the soup I had already planned for.

Imagine that.

Thankfully there was no cheese, lol!

But I was ready to throw in the towel for the day.

I'm so glad I checked it out.

Replies

• cymills
    cymills Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Oh yes- check deli sandwiches in general.:wink: I have been very pleased to find our local "Jason's deli" is not as high in caloric values as thought ! Corned beef on rye is not off the radar - WOO- HOO!!:bigsmile:
  • FocusPlease
    FocusPlease Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Good job!
  • sheplives
    sheplives Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I confess to having a weakness for Albertsons/Safeway deli sandwiches (not all the time, of course!), but it's so darned frustrating because the only nutritional info they post on the label is the calories. I have absolutely no idea, for instance, what the sodium level is in the ham or turkey they use, or where to even get that info! Who do you have to know to get such information?
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,601 Member
    Options
    sheplives wrote: »
    I confess to having a weakness for Albertsons/Safeway deli sandwiches (not all the time, of course!), but it's so darned frustrating because the only nutritional info they post on the label is the calories. I have absolutely no idea, for instance, what the sodium level is in the ham or turkey they use, or where to even get that info! Who do you have to know to get such information?

You could try emailing the store and asking. I've done that in the past and sometimes had luck...sometimes didn't.

Or find something comparable in the database and go with that.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    There is this mindset, at times, where I assume anything tasty or seemingly indulgent is totally off limits. And this deli sandwich is an example that proves.. that's really not true. We don't have to suffer.. just be mindful. Balance.

• TX_Bluebonnet
    TX_Bluebonnet Posts: 244 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Some tactics to consider if the calories were more than you'd like (instead of throwing in the towel), depending on the sandwich, of course: *Remove some of the mayo or condiments, take off some cheese, remove a slice or more of meat, push everything onto 2/3 of the bread and cut off the excess bread portion. Or, pile high with extra veggies and eat half then and the other half another time.

*one or more, depending on calorie needs