Need Positive Friends For Motivation and Support!

Options
Hello! I'm 46, and live in SC. I have actually been here for quite a while. In fact, I just earned my 9 year badge. Anyway... back in the beginning, I lost 50lbs. I had a great handful of friends here. It was very motivating, and I looked forward to our daily interactions. A while after starting, my life turned upside down, I started having serious health issues, many of my friends became inactive, and I had two great ones that unfortunately passed away. I know what I need to do. I've done it before. I only need the motivation to do it again.

Things are finally looking up, and I am back to finish what I started! My health issues are manageable now. It took a long time to get the correct diagnosis. I can't always exercise every day. I have an autoimmune disease and a rather rare immune system issue. I refuse to let it get me down or keep me from enjoying life.

Hopefully I will make a few friends to get me going in the right direction!

Replies

• crazyinspired11
    crazyinspired11 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Ive been been active off and on for years either on MFP or sparkpeople before it closed. I have lost and gained the same weight over and over again. Its a struggle but we can do this!
    Im here for you. Anyone feel free to add me as a friend!
  • JustSmitten77
    JustSmitten77 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to add others. Feel free to add me 😄
  • annobrien250
    annobrien250 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Add me please
  • redlined01g
    redlined01g Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You live in my favorite state, adding you! We got this. Just getting active on here again.
    Anyone feel free to add me please! Love to share motivation and support. Willing to be accountability partner with anyone interested.
  • lmgoff232
    lmgoff232 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Hi! I sent you a request. I have lost almost 60lbs since joining MFP about 6 months ago, and have another 60 to go. I log in daily and would love to have some more friends to cheer on.
  • Mom24_2021
    Mom24_2021 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I’m sorry to hear about your previous experience but you did an amazing job of you lost 50lbs. What an accomplishment! As you said, you have the stepping stones, you now just need friends, support and encouragement. I would love to be your friend and motivate you so I can be there to congratulate you when you meet your goal because I know you will do it this time.
  • ekenners
    ekenners Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am just getting back at this originally signed up in 2013 and updated today at almost the exact weight. I am 43 mom of 3 and live in Arizona. Would love to make some good friends to help with accountability. I have some medical stuff that makes exercise a little challenging currently so my focus needs to be on my food. My goal is to lose 70 lbs.
  • metaphysicalstudio
    metaphysicalstudio Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Having a good core group of motivated friends on the app is key for me. Please add me!
  • pippinmama75
    pippinmama75 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been on this journey off an Don for more years than I care to count! Mom of 3 and was (at least I thought) happily married and at my lowest weight. I was more confident but never really comfortable in my own skin… a MESSY divorce led to lots of changes with work, friends and family. I lost my support system and the life I knew. I tried picking up the pieces and continued to struggle with everything! I gained so much weight and it impacted more relationships. My ex mother in law talked bad about me anyway but this was more ammunition and she used it to belittle my children … that was a HUGE turning point. I wanted to be the woman my kids could look up to and see as a role model. I tried but it never really stuck. I finally decided to do it for me and the rest would fall into place! I started out at my heaviest at 240, reached 220 and plateaued. I stopped trying AGAIN. I don’t do pics because I can’t stand seeing myself. I was sick and tired of being sick and tired. My ex MILmade my middle child, my oldest daughter, feel self conscious about her weight at 11 years old and told her she was too fat! Yes, she used that word!! I was furious! Then more people commented on how much my daughters looked like me and that was what I needed. I have lost weight slowly, hit plateaus but I keep going and I keep pushing. My daughter has came into her own and has a figure I would LOVE to have! My youngest daughter is having self esteem issues too but we are working on that with focus on self love! I’m 46, remarried and loving myself! Keep loving you!
  • sweetneat75
    sweetneat75 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I will send you a request. Come on all, feel free to add me as well. …. We can all do this together. No such thing as too much motivation or support.