Honesty and weight loss

Options
I have been of MFP for some time now, logging consistently for 100 days or so. I feel like I am slowing my weight loss because I am not being honest with myself. I feel more and more that a cracker slips in here or there, or a handful of cheerios when my son is trying to share. I know that these calories add up and am having a hard time putting every detail in my diary.

My second issue is that I seem to fill my calories with junk. My mind set seems to be that if I have calories left over that I should have something yummy vs. Something healthy which probably means I am eating when I am not hungry and then having to eat more because I am hungry later as a result of wasted calories.

How do you get over these things? How do you kick start your weight loss again after being on the journey for so long.

I am only 17.5 lbs from my first goal of 150lbs and am so excited, but sometimes it seems like I will never get there because I am getting to lax with my food choices. Sigh.

Help!

Replies

• betsyweltha
    betsyweltha Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Exercise would really jump start things..... also I eat carrots and veggies like they are going out of style... Im sure you have met your veggie friends since you've started dieting... but my suggestion is reintroduce yourself... and stay away from munching!

ps I need to take my own advice so thanks for making me think twice about my choices :)
  • Silvercivic
    Silvercivic Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    wow- good questions! Congratulations for your 100 days of keeping up with this and I know you will continue to be successful because you are taking a critical look at yourself- honesty is so important.

for the first issue- maybe instead of adding up the individual details you can make an educated guess about the number of extra calories you ate. Like if you nibbled on a few of your son's snacks throughout the day, instead of adding in "15 cheerios, 7 goldfish, 3 fruit snacks, etc." you can make your own entry of "Toddler Food" and give it 100 calories or whatever you estimate.

If I'm being honest with myself, I'm probably guilty of issue #2 as well. Maybe we can find a food that is yummy AND healthy?

Good luck with those final pounds! Keep being honest with yourself- it will help you stick with it and ultimately reach your goal.
  • Megooo19
    Options
    I would not eat your exercise calories and use those as a cushion for when you eat little things here and there. Also, there are a ton of healthy recipes for different desserts so when a sweet tooth strikes try making some healthy alternatives, then at least your still doing something good for yourself while satisfying yourself. I have a recipe for some no flower high protein peanut butter cookies. They are good for a sweet tooth. Feel free to email me if you'd like the recipe. :happy:
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    well, you pointed out you snack aimlessly here and there; trying not to do that could be the first step. If its not meal time (i have an alarm. I get busy and forget to eat) i avoid the kitchen because im the queen of "a taste of this, a bite of that" . i also workout a lot so a nibble of junk food typically doesnt sound good when im sweaty.
  • Amberlin
    Amberlin Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies. I like the idea of entering Toddler snacking and estimating the value...

I think I will also set a weekly goal. This week will be to stay away from the vending machines at work. And to exercise at least 5 days!!

I just need to kick start things again. It seems I plateau for a couple weeks then lose 4-5 lbs but i think that is because I am putting junk into my body and then have a really good week!

Let's make every week a good week!!