6 eggs
    3 cups flour
    1/2 tsp baking powder
    1/2 tsp salt
    3/4 tsp cinnamon
    1/2 tsp ginger
    1/4 tsp cloves
    1 cup pumkin

Cream sugar and butter. Add vanilla and eggs, one at a time, beating until well blended after each addition.
    Combine dry ingredents. Alternately add dry ingredients and pumpkin to the butter mixture.
    Pour batter into a greased and floured 12 cup tube pan
    Bake at 350 for 60-70 min, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in centre. Cool for 15 min.
    Invert onto serving plate.

Make up the walnut sauce:

1 cup brown sugar
    1/4 cup dark corn syrup
    1/2 cup whipping cream
    2 Tbsp butter
    Dash salt
    1/2 tsp vanilla
    1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Combine brown sugar, syrup, cream butter and salt. Cook over medium stirring constantly until mixture boils. Reduce heat and simmer t min, stirring constantly. Stir in vanilla and walnuts.

Pour some of the sauce over the cake as a garnish. Save the rest in a gravy boat to pour out over each individual serving.

Not low cal, this is an excellent dish for pot luck suppers and family feasts where nobody counts calories.
  • jaded_rose
    jaded_rose Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • Lisdol
    Lisdol Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    bump
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Goofy076
    Goofy076 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    WOW my hubby LOVES pumpkin!! I am totally going to try this thanks <3
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • keeping_on
    keeping_on Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have been craving pumpkin something fierce for almost a month. Thank you all for sharing these recipes. Bumping to drool over and experiment with later.
  • roblow65
    roblow65 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I think the calories are 100 cal per muffin. :)

Thanks, can't wait to try them! :tongue:
  • roblow65
    roblow65 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Then there is the quick and easy "muffin" recipe:

I box devil's food OR spice cake mix and a 15oz can of pumpkin. That's it!!

Mix them, and do not add anything else, batter will be dense. Put in muffin tin (makes 12) and bake at 400 for 20 mins.

What are the calorie and fat numbers for this recipe? I often use applesauce or other purees in my cakes and this sounds so good another plus, it couldn't get any easier!

Still has 182 calories and 20g of sugar, but only 5g of fat. They freeze well though and are great if you need something in a pinch.

But there is nothing to tweak since everything is in the cake mix. I have made this recipe from Whole Foods before, and since it is "from scratch" you have a little more wiggle room with the recipe. Interestingly enough the stats are about the same if you make it as is.

Pumpkin Chocolate Cake

Serves 12

Chocolate cake gets a fall update with pumpkin and warm spices.
    Ingredients

1/4 cup canola oil, plus more for greasing
    1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
    1/3 cup cocoa powder
    2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1 cup sugar
    2 eggs
    1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin purée
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    Powdered sugar, for dusting (optional)
    Method

Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an (8-inch) square baking pan with oil and set aside.

In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together oil, sugar, eggs, pumpkin and vanilla. Whisk flour mixture into pumpkin mixture until well combined then transfer batter to prepared pan.

Bake until the cakes pulls away from the sides of the pan and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 40 to 50 minutes. Set aside to let cool then cut into squares and dust with powdered sugar, if you like.
    Nutrition

Per serving (1 piece/79g-wt.): 180 calories (50 from fat), 6g total fat, 0.5g saturated fat, 35mg cholesterol, 160mg sodium, 29g total carbohydrate (3g dietary fiber, 18g sugar), 3g protein

Tags: Family Friendly, American, Vegetarian, Dairy Free

Better yet!!! Thank you for this info!:flowerforyou:
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    All this pumpkin talk is making me hungry. I am not feeling well so maybe I'll make some pumpkin soup. Any good pumpkin soup recipes? Or I'll check online and let you know.
    I hope my can of pumpkin is not expired. I got it last year.
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Here is an easy and healthy pumpkin soup recipe that someone shared with me a few years ago. I make it sometimes and really enjoy it during the colder months.

Pumpkin Soup - Serves 4

* 1 14 oz can of Pumpkin
    * 1 cup of Vegetable or chicken broth
    * 1 can of black beans drained (optional)
    * 1 onion, diced
    * 1 can of tomatoes with mild green chilis (I use rotel tomatoes)
    * 1 tsp of Cumin
    * 1 TBSP of light butter or margarine

1. Melt butter or margarine in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cumin; saute, stirring often, until onion is soft and fragrant. Stir in remaining ingredients.

2. Bring to a boil, stirring often.

3. Cover, and reduce heat to low.

4. Simmer for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.

5. Puree soup in a food processor, blender, or immersion blender (recommended).

6. Return soup to saucepan; reheat, covered, over low heat and add black beans if using them. Ladle soup into bowls and serve.
  • CanToGirl
    CanToGirl Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Bumping for all of these yummie pumpkin recipes!! Thank you everyone for posting your treats!!
  • kmartinko
    Options
    The soup sounds great. Any idea about the nutritional content?
  • TLW77
    TLW77 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    bump, i love love pumpking too!
  • kmartinko
    Options
    The pumpkin cream cheese sounds great. What do you eat with it?
  • grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    It is very easy to freeze fresh pumkin that is available at this time of the year. Simply clean out the pumpkin. Then you can either bake it, or boil it. Once cooled, scrape off the shell, and pack in two cup amounts in empty yogurt containers and freeze. That is enough for a pie, and for most other recipes out there.

If you want to eat the seeds, you boil them first, and then bake them with oil and salt.
  • davidpm
    davidpm Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/09/pumpkin-spiced-oatmeal-pecan-cookies.html

I just made these pumpkin oatmeal cookies. about 80 calories per cookie (mine are probably a little less because I used a butter substitute) and they taste pretty damn good
  • prekteacher2
    Options
    I'm so ready for pumpkin season! Thank you for posting all of these great reciepes! :love:
  • prekteacher2
    Options
    I'm so ready for pumpkin season! Thank you for posting all of these great reciepes! :love:

Sorry, recipes!