Calories increased but no weight loss

Options
Hi All:
After reading many of your threads about starvation mode I decided to take everyones advise and let MFP set my goals opposed to setting them myself. So MFP has them set at 1200 per day which would in give me appox. 1-2 pound loss per week. I was previously eating about 1000 calories daily (yes I know it is too low). I also have been eating the majority of my exercise calories but still have not really moved on the scale.
My questions:
Is 1200 calories still too low?
Should I be eating more on the days I have a large workout and 1200 on the no gym days?
Do all of you eat as much on non-gym days?
How many times a week is everyone working out?? I am lucky if I get 3 days!

When I was on WW I never really ate my excercise points so I am wondering if I happen to be one of those few that Tam talked about that doesn't need them. I feel like if I eat any more than 1200-1300 calories, that it would be to much for me. I also feel like my metabolism has always been very very slow!!

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!! I am so trying to find the right formula for my weight loss.

Dani

Replies

• danigirlmck
    danigirlmck Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi All:
    After reading many of your threads about starvation mode I decided to take everyones advise and let MFP set my goals opposed to setting them myself. So MFP has them set at 1200 per day which would in give me appox. 1-2 pound loss per week. I was previously eating about 1000 calories daily (yes I know it is too low). I also have been eating the majority of my exercise calories but still have not really moved on the scale.
    My questions:
    Is 1200 calories still too low?
    Should I be eating more on the days I have a large workout and 1200 on the no gym days?
    Do all of you eat as much on non-gym days?
    How many times a week is everyone working out?? I am lucky if I get 3 days!

When I was on WW I never really ate my excercise points so I am wondering if I happen to be one of those few that Tam talked about that doesn't need them. I feel like if I eat any more than 1200-1300 calories, that it would be to much for me. I also feel like my metabolism has always been very very slow!!

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!! I am so trying to find the right formula for my weight loss.

Dani
  • justdoingit
    justdoingit Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    EVERYBODY is different. I go 1200 for one week and don't eat my excercise calories and then I go 1350 the next week and step up my workouts while still not eating my excercise cals. Still, since I have about 12lb to lose, they are coming off real slow :explode:

I have been really good in the last three/four weeks but have only lost like 3 lbs! I did try eating my exercise calories for two weeks but I didn't lose, I just maintained...
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I eat some of my exercise calories, but never all of them. I usually leave 300-400 on the table (this is not including the "built in" 500 calorie deficit MFP supplies.)
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I don't eat my exercise calories either.Just do what you think is right for your body and consult your doc on the issue.What works for someon eelse may not work best for you remember that.
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    are you getting enough protein? I really upped my protein this week (bars and drinks) and I dropped 4 lb in a week. I'm also following the p90x nutrition and exercise plan, but I think it's the protein that really helps.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I don't eat my exercise calories either.Just do what you think is right for your body and consult your doc on the issue.What works for someon eelse may not work best for you remember that.
    ditto 1200-1400 strict for me and continuous weight loss however I always increase and challenge myself with excercise