January Monthly Challenge

Options

Replies

• dkginger
    dkginger Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hello! I would like to join. Crazy when I read the OP's stats and our starting weight is the same. That must mean I am supposed to be here. I started squeaky clean keto on the 3rd. No grains, legumes, nuts, dairy or alcohol.

Jan 1: Start weight for 2022 190.4
    Jan 2: 190.4 weighed Jan 3
    Jan 9:
    Jan 16:
    Jan 23:
    Jan 30:
    Jan 31: Last day of January
  • stormywxs288
    stormywxs288 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Today marks 9 days of being keto clean for my wife and me this year. We challenged each other to stay keto clean for the first 100 days of the year. Nine down and only 91 to go, HA! Seriously, I’ve been using covid, climate change, Y2K and every excuse I could to avoid doing the things I know I should.

Keto has worked very well for me when I did it right. I’ve been doing keto-ish for over 3 years now. My trouble is I get good results then think I can get cute and sneak bad carbs back in while still eating high fat.

So, hopefully for the next 100 days, with the help and support of my wife and you guys, I will report back here with a clean record each week. Stay tuned and feel free to hold me accountable. I’ll do the same for you.

Jan 2: 187.6
    Jan 9: 180.4
    Jan 16:
    Jan 23:
    Jan 30:
    Jan 31: Last day of January after one whole day
  • stormywxs288
    Options
    dkginger wrote: »
    Hello! I would like to join. Crazy when I read the OP's stats and our starting weight is the same. That must mean I am supposed to be here. I started squeaky clean keto on the 3rd. No grains, legumes, nuts, dairy or alcohol.

Dkginger it must be kismet. Along with my wife, we re-started keto on New Year’s Day. Our goal is to reach 100 days being “Sqeaky Clean” as you say. Talk is cheap though! That is why I like this group. I feel obligated to put up stats as well as just smack talk. Welcome aboard “Squeaky”. Hope to see you often with good news to report.

• AdahGreen2022
    AdahGreen2022 Posts: 264 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Happy New Year! ;)
    Jan 1: Start weight for 2022-145LBS
    Jan 2: 145
    Jan 9:143(less sweets/wine)
    Jan 16:
    Jan 23:
    Jan 30:

GOAL-138LBS
  • dkginger
    dkginger Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Sunday weigh in. My 30 day Squeaky challenge is working so far. Today will be day 7, so 6 full days of not one single bite of anything not on plan. Super happy and proud of me!!

Jan 2: 190.4 weighed Jan 3
    Jan 9: 185.8 (-4.6 in 6 days)
    Jan 16:
    Jan 23:
    Jan 30:
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    Pretty successful week. This is all water. Good habits set. I'm hoping I can last the month on keto. Unfortunately I have an autoimmune disease called Sjogren's (also called Dry Body Disease) and keto keeps water off me really well. Which unfortunately causes problematic dry eye and mouth issue. And eye irritation and damage to my corneas if gets too bad. I'm starting to show signs of my eyes being very uncooperative. I hope this is as bad as it gets, and I can continue. This is why I stopped keto in the first place. :unamused:

Jan 3: 185.8
    Jan 9: 182.2
    Jan 16:
    Jan 23:
    Jan 30:
  • thetigers
    thetigers Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Very pleased with my first week but it's the second and third weeks where I usually just stay static and lose motivation -I've been here plenty of times before. This time I'm not going to get disheartened on any bouncing up and down and just going to keep focussed and keep going.
    Jan 1: 149
    Jan 8: 146
    Jan 15:
    Jan 22:
    Jan 29:
    Jan 31:
  • KristinLeeD
    KristinLeeD Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Here I go again! Holidays are over and I just got back from our annual winter vacation, kids are back in school and I'm back at work and it's time to get serious (once again). Happy to see some familiar people and I hope everyone is doing well.

Unfortunately, I have about 40lbs to lose. I am flexible on my goal weight because depending on how much I work out, I am not as concerned about the number on the scale as much as I am about my size and getting rid of this fat I have been hanging on to.

I will turn 52 in March of this year and it really does get harder as I get older. Having 4 kids is no excuse, but I do feel it has affected my body. It sure had affected every other area of my life (in the best possible ways!)

I have the best results if I follow a lower fat version of Keto, which is basically a low carb/high protein diet. I cannot do high fat, because that makes it too hard for me to keep my calories in check. Protein is essential to not lose muscle and my hormones are way out of whack when I eat too many carbs. I know what works for my body, it is just a matter of me being disciplined and doing it. Wish that weren't so hard! I am my own worst enemy most of the time. This group and logging my food has been amazing for me in the past and I'm happy to be here.

SW: 161
    GW: 120
    January Goal: 10 lbs

Jan 1: Start weight for 2022 161.3
    Jan 2:
    Jan 9: 157.9 (-3.4)
    Jan 16:
    Jan 23:
    Jan 30:
  • Marks281172
    Marks281172 Posts: 127 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Hi All, Hopefully not too late to join in, luckily i track my weight daily so can complete 3rd and 8th retrospectively.

Jan 3: 273 (2nd day of Keto and 18/6 intermittent fasting)
    Jan 8: 269 (First week back in the gym, mostly resistance training to try and hold some muscle)
    Jan 15:
    Jan 22:
    Jan 29:
    Jan 31:

Total Jan weight loss: 4lbs
  • eggfooyamyam
    eggfooyamyam Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year! I'm so happy to see some old familiar names on here.

I joined in 2018 and with the support of this group lost 30lbs in about 5 months. I maintained that loss for several years. When Covid hit it all hit the fan and I have gained back that weight and then some in the last two years. So, here I am again, hoping to get and give the same amazing support and inspiration I got almost 4 years ago. I love Keto because it works and because I feel great when I'm doing it.

I've cleaned up my Keto act this time and taken it easy on the cured meats and cheese. I'm eating more fish and chicken and avocados.

Jan 1: CW-200 GW-145
    Jan 2:
    Jan 9: CW- 200lbs
    Jan 16:
    Jan 23:
    Jan 30:
  • stormywxs288
    Options
    Happy New Year! I'm so happy to see some old familiar names on here.

I joined in 2018 and with the support of this group lost 30lbs in about 5 months. I maintained that loss for several years. When Covid hit it all hit the fan and I have gained back that weight and then some in the last two years. So, here I am again, hoping to get and give the same amazing support and inspiration I got almost 4 years ago. I love Keto because it works and because I feel great when I'm doing it.

EggFoo, I remember you. Welcome back. Also, KLD and BaconSlave thanks for all you’ve done to keep this thread and our spreadsheet alive. It is time for all of us to get past Covid and move forward with things that will work for all of us. I’m already inspired and motivated by the comments from everyone in this group. Can’t wait to hear all of your stories as we move forward towards our goals in 2022.

• kramereh
    kramereh Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year

Jan 3: 216.4
    Jan 8: 210.8 - I had a great week. Hoping I can continue going strong.
    Jan 15: 207.8
    Jan 22:
    Jan 29:
    Jan 31:

Total Jan weight loss: 8.6
  • stormywxs288
    Options
    Today is my birthday, I’m 72 years old. Some of my presents are: A total of 11.2 pounds lost, a total of over 7 inches off several body measurements and I don’t have to cause a hernia straining to button my favorite pair of jeans. Ha! Seriously, it feels good to be on a positive trend for the first 16 days of this year.

Jan 16:179.6
  • AdahGreen2022
    AdahGreen2022 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year! ;)
    Jan 1: Start weight for 2022-145LBS
    Jan 2: 145
    Jan 9:143(less sweets/wine)
    Jan 16:145(too much cheese and butter!)
    Jan 23:
    Jan 30:

GOAL-138LBS
  • ac204
    ac204 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Happy 72nd Birthday @stormywxs288! Sounds like you have some great presents and are staring off this year well! Enjoy your bday!!

My stats:
    Jan 1: 205
    Jan 2: 205
    Jan 9: 203.9
    Jan 16: 202.7
    Jan 23:
    Jan 30:
  • eggfooyamyam
    eggfooyamyam Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday, Stormy!!

The results below are deceiving. My first weight was taken at the doctor's office with shoes and clothes on. My most recent is from my bathroom scale sans clothing items. Here's hoping next week I really am down 4 lbs.

Jan 1: CW-200 GW-145
    Jan 2:
    Jan 9: CW- 200
    Jan 16: 196
    Jan 23:
    Jan 30:
  • KristinLeeD
    KristinLeeD Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY STORMY! We are so fortunate to be in this group with you!!

After it being hit or miss, I'm back in the gym this week (3 times!) and it feels really good. Today I actually looked forward to going which is nice. It helps that one of our daughters (16) goes with me. I still have a few things in my diet I need to get rid of, but I'll get there. A huge thing for me is just going to bed at night. When I stay up and get tired, I want to eat!

SW: 161
    GW: 120
    January Goal: 10 lbs

Jan 1: Starting Weight: 161.3
    Jan 2:
    Jan 9: 157.9 <-3.4>
    Jan 16: 154.6 <-3.3>
    Jan 23:
    Jan 30:
    January total so far: <6.7>

• stormywxs288
    Options

After it being hit or miss, I'm back in the gym this week (3 times!) and it feels really good. Today I actually looked forward to going which is nice. It helps that one of our daughters (16) goes with me.

January total so far: <6.7>

KLD you and MFP friends like you are my heroes. I only have to manage for myself, and my wife also takes care of me in addition to that You have 4 kids at home, work and manage your household.

We have something in common, I work out with my daughter (48) three times a week (Mon, Wed, Fri). We do a program called Daily Burn. I look forward to it too. We keep each other accountable and we get to be together at least 3 times each week.
  • baconslave
    Options
    Today is my birthday, I’m 72 years old. Some of my presents are: A total of 11.2 pounds lost, a total of over 7 inches off several body measurements and I don’t have to cause a hernia straining to button my favorite pair of jeans. Ha! Seriously, it feels good to be on a positive trend for the first 16 days of this year.

Jan 16:179.6

happy belated birthday!!!
    SVs and NSVs all around for you. That's great!
  • baconslave
    Options
    Jan 3: 185.8
    Jan 9: 182.2
    Jan 16: 181.6
    Jan 23:
    Jan 30:

Not losing fast enough for me. But then part of me expects to lose it all yesterday. Silly silly. Every week I get a loss, even if it's not a full pound, tells me I'm on the right path and doing the right things, and I just need to be patient and KCKO. Which I of course know, but my inner brat will always be bratty. :joy: