Losing weight without attending Slimming clubs - An observation

Options
FlowerOfCarnage
FlowerOfCarnage Posts: 9 Member
edited January 2022 in Getting Started
I've finally reached the conclusion Slimming Clubs are not for me. I'm bored of Smart Points, Syns, classes and plans changing at whim. Feels liberating, I dread to think how much I've spent on WW and Slimming World over the years.

NOW...I'm surprised how strange the concept of all foods containing calories and other nutritional values is. Feel as if I'd been brainwashed tbh. Hopefully MFP is the way forward.

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,053 Member
    Options
    Hello, and welcome!

MFP has been the way forward for quite a few people, including me. I was overweight to class 1 obese for around 30 years, despite being athletically active for the last decade plus of that. Now, I've been at a healthy weight for 6+ years. MFP was just what I needed to match my eating to my activity level, eating in a way that's practical and enjoyable for me.

Different people thrive with different methods. Calorie counting and nutrient tracking with MFP is a great one for some of us.

Here's hoping it's very successful for you!
  • FlowerOfCarnage
    FlowerOfCarnage Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your support and kind words. You're an inspiration!
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    the concept of all foods containing calories and other nutritional values

I think of MFP as a tool. It is a little rigid. But giving in a little bit to it's quirks, really worked well for me to gain some knowledge and insights about myself, that I can't imagine I would have otherwise learned.

It can be very enlightening to use MFP. At the end of the day I am still me, but this is a solid and helpful tool.